Sign in to follow this  
GMFM

TrackIR (MSFS Update 7)

Did you do the research on this before posting? 🙂

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 minutes ago, ark said:

There has been a lot of discussion about TrackIR problems starting on page 2 in this thread:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/610418-what-workswhat-doesnt/

Al

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/track-ir-stops-working/472119

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Did you do the research on this before posting? 🙂

Yes.  Asobo broke TrackIR in SU7.

Asobo forced SU7 on its MSFS 2020 customers knowing they had broken TrackIR.  TrackIR users are raising Cain on the Flight Simulator Forum, but most of their posts are being removed by moderators.  There can be no dissent on the Flight Simulator Forum.  Moderators are pulling down posts and replacing them with "A ticket has been logged."  What ticket?  Asobo knew about this problem when they launched SU7.  Now the problem has been relegated to a support ticket?

Oh, I know why.  TrackIR doesn't work on Xbox, so no big deal, right?

TrackIR not working is a sim killer for me. 😠

Edited by Bucksnort
  • Like 11

It's working just fine. It turns off in sim flag to off when it loses contact. You can turn it back on and move on with your life until hotfix.

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

31 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

It's working just fine.

Sorry -- cannot agree. Yes, there is an inconvenient workaround, but I fail to see how you can possibly say it works fine. Every time I look at the chart on my second monitor, or look down at the keyboard, I have to unpause TrackIR. That's a loooong way from fine in my view. And I sure hope Asobo doesn't agree with you. 🤔

To each their own, I guess.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

It's working just fine. It turns off in sim flag to off when it loses contact. You can turn it back on and move on with your life until hotfix.

How can it be "working just fine" if when I pause it to interact with GPS's or switches or whatever else it immediately disables in sim and centers the camera away from where I was focused and instead makes me look forward out of the windscreen? Or does the same if I take a swig of my tea or if I lean left to interact with navigraph on my laptop or pick my nose or grab a pen from my drawer.

It is not working "fine" it is broken and for my purposes unusable and that renders the sim unusable. Perhaps not for some but for me that is the case.

On a more personal level, I have been away from flight sim for about 6 years because of not having the pc power to pump it and I have been unable to complete my build for a year because of the scarcity of parts and then to have finally managed to get my hands on a graphics card last week and finally installing this version of flight sim that I have watched so many enjoy for so long, to have them break it this silly way after all this waiting has annoyed me in a way I did not expect I must confess.

• Like 5

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

52 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

You think it is working " Just Fine"......LOL

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Any time there is a “work around” required….the thing in question is NOT working “just fine.”

• Like 4

The workaound doesnt fix the problem about the view recentering during pausing, thus now you cannot stay still at determined place of the cockpit in order to set or tune knobs, etc

• Like 3

Yeah, this needs to be fixed in the first hotfix. I’ve been using TrackIR for years and it’s impossible to go back. MSFS isn’t really playable for me anymore. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Nope, I can't turn TRir back on at all. I have tried multipe ways of trying to get it to work, but it is constantly switched off in MSFS. :angry:

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

Nope, I can't turn TRir back on at all. I have tried multipe ways of trying to get it to work, but it is constantly switched off in MSFS. :angry:

If the red light is on on the track IR unit, hit F9 to turn it off, and then try restarting it,