Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

FlyTampa EHAM V2 released

This may be a dumb or confusing question: I purchased the original EHAM from the FlyTampa site directly. I then purchased the V2 upgrade as well from the FlyTampa site. If I was to do a fresh install, how would it know that I had previously purchased the V1? I am not aware that the upgrade is the full product, but if it was, how would FlyTampa know I was entitled to the update discount price? The reason I am wondering is that I don’t think I have an actual account with FlyTampa. When I buy something, it runs through BMT Micro. How does it know I am qualified for the discount? I already did the install as recommended from the FT forum, but something doesn’t make sense to me. Would I have to install V1.3 first and then install V2?

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Just flown a quick circuit with TE NL, 100 AI aircraft, cloudy weather on ActiveSky and the Aerosoft A320.
It's butter both during day and at night (even with D/L on and 4x SSAA).
Really like the transparent terminal glass and interiors, plus the improved performance (for me). Well worth the upgrade fee.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

For the record, the original version of FlyTampa Amsterdam ran reasonably well on my old PC, and that had a 2GB GTX 770 GPU. I assume that these VRAM issues are when using the new version with P3Dv5?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

This may be a dumb or confusing question: I purchased the original EHAM from the FlyTampa site directly. I then purchased the V2 upgrade as well from the FlyTampa site. If I was to do a fresh install, how would it know that I had previously purchased the V1? I am not aware that the upgrade is the full product, but if it was, how would FlyTampa know I was entitled to the update discount price? The reason I am wondering is that I don’t think I have an actual account with FlyTampa. When I buy something, it runs through BMT Micro. How does it know I am qualified for the discount? I already did the install as recommended from the FT forum, but something doesn’t make sense to me. Would I have to install V1.3 first and then install V2?

Cheers, Pete

If v1.3 is installed, you can install v2 above without uninstall 1.3 first. Although i can't answer about the upgrade process, did the same thing like you Yesterday, and i thought install process would request my old serial to install V2.

• Like 1

Frédéric Giraud

2 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

If v1.3 is installed, you can install v2 above without uninstall 1.3 first. Although i can't answer about the upgrade process, did the same thing like you Yesterday, and i thought install process would request my old serial to install V2.

Well I would uninstall V1 and remove the old SODE files and then install V2 😎

André

15 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

VRAM usage is horrible. Worst performer among my 70+ sceneries' collection. 6.2 GB on initial load and growing up to 7. 2080 textures, no TE Netherlands.

6.8 out of 7.1 for me with TE. and PMDG 744. Not adjusted any settings and this just at the gate on first look.

SODE jetways not working. 

Quite a bit to sort out!

Edited by IanHarrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

16 hours ago, Chapstick said:

One of the gotchas with FSL is that some of the popular community paints that have special paintkits use massive amounts of VRAM, like literally double, compared to other paints.  

Oh yeah, that is correct. And i use most if not all those painters’ paints. Flew again today, using old livery of Lufthansa in A320SL, community paint, return flight Munchen Amsterdam Munchen with AIG au traffic and luckily again no CTD

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

No problems here after many trials. Crisp and clear with good frames on my system. 

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

Just given it a go on my system - all fine here, SODE Working & Airport looks beautiful. Great FPS as well.

Satisfied customer here!

• Like 1

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

6 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

I was thinking, maybe once the new V2 serial number gets validated (being installed over V 1.3), then it is permanently validated in FT’s system. In that case, any fresh install would recognize that as the full V2. Anyway, I’m not concerned about it but was more just curious.

Cheers, Pete

7 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

If v1.3 is installed, you can install v2 above without uninstall 1.3 first.

Is that the way that FlyTampa recommend? There’s usually a readme or something pinned on the forum that advises the best way.

I can’t help thinking some files from v1 will be left behind installing v2 over the top. The Registry should store your product key and those can be ignored by the uninstaller.

I’ve had to disable animated people in all FT airports as they incur a significant performance hit. Is v2 better in that respect?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Is that the way that FlyTampa recommend? There’s usually a readme or something pinned on the forum that advises the best way.

I can’t help thinking some files from v1 will be left behind installing v2 over the top. The Registry should store your product key and those can be ignored by the uninstaller.

I’ve had to disable animated people in all FT airports as they incur a significant performance hit. Is v2 better in that respect?

On their forum they said that if you had V1.3 installed, then you can just install V2 over that. Otherwise, they recommend an uninstall and reinstall.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

On their forum they said that if you had V1.3 installed, then you can just install V2 over that.

Not precisely, Pete. Quoting Emillios (EHAM's developer):

'If you had updated to v1.3 using the universal installer, then installing v2 over it should be fine, and taken care of by the installer.
If you were previously on an earlier version (offline installer), then you would need to run the un-installer prior to installing v2.'

Here is the forum link: https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14683

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Not precisely, Pete. Quoting Emillios (EHAM's developer):

'If you had updated to v1.3 using the universal installer, then installing v2 over it should be fine, and taken care of by the installer.
If you were previously on an earlier version (offline installer), then you would need to run the un-installer prior to installing v2.'

Here is the forum link: https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14683

Good point, so not necessarily “recommended” but suspected to work fine.  That was the post I was referring to, so I was a bit unclear.

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1