Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

FlyTampa EHAM V2 released

For anyone who had flown into Schiphol in the real world the departure I most dread is 36L. Flying back to Manchester a few years ago it took almost as long to taxi to the 36L holding point as the flight back to EGCC!

For such a small country it's unusual for one runway to be so far from the terminal and Tower. Land reclamation perhaps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

For anyone who had flown into Schiphol in the real world the departure I most dread is 36L. Flying back to Manchester a few years ago it took almost as long to taxi to the 36L holding point as the flight back to EGCC!

For such a small country it's unusual for one runway to be so far from the terminal and Tower. Land reclamation perhaps.

I’m pretty sure that is the runway we landed on back in 2018. It felt like I was ten miles from the terminal! I do love the airport though, it’s big and way nicer than my home airport KORD.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Yes thats true haha, imagine doing that a few times a week..

• Like 1

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Long taxi indeed, was about 10-15 minutes from the gates or taxi in but since the crossing restrictions (Zwanenburgbaan) it's longer 20-30 minutes from and to the Polderbaan.
It's all about environmental standards, noise pollution, and regulations. That's why it's build at that spot.

Edited by awf
  • Like 1

André

I am not able to update EHAM to v.2. I had v1.3 and installed v2 upon the old installation. What I see is only parts of the buildings floating in the air. Then I deleted all, and installed again, with the same result. I have sendt an email to FlyTampa support some days ago, but no responce so far. Has anyone experienced the same, or do you have any advice what to do? I have P3dv5.2 HF 1.

Tor Arild Danielsen

15 minutes ago, awf said:

It's all about environmental standards, noise pollution, and regulations. That's why it's build at that spot.

But not fuel economy! They could depart 36C and perform an immediate left turn to pick up the 36L SID.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, adaniel said:

I am not able to update EHAM to v.2. I had v1.3 and installed v2 upon the old installation.

Did you download and run the FlyTampa EHAM installer sent after purchase? If you did then enter your email address and serial number it should work just fine.

I also had v1.3 and using that method it was fine.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But not fuel economy! They could depart 36C and perform an immediate left turn to pick up the 36L SID.

Yep I agree Ray, however noise abatement prevails here over fuel burn 👀

O well a nice view of the Dutch country side 😄

Edited by awf
  • Like 1

André

9 minutes ago, adaniel said:

I have done everything as described, but It will still not install.

Tor Arild

Run as Administrator?

I suggest you install v1.3 again if possible then check it’s okay then install v2. If it works for me and others there’s no reason why it won’t for you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, adaniel said:

I am not able to update EHAM to v.2. I had v1.3 and installed v2 upon the old installation. What I see is only parts of the buildings floating in the air. Then I deleted all, and installed again, with the same result. I have sendt an email to FlyTampa support some days ago, but no responce so far. Has anyone experienced the same, or do you have any advice what to do? I have P3dv5.2 HF 1.

Tor Arild Danielsen

It should have worked but try what I did. Remove every trace of the old installation. Reboot, then install v2. See if that works.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I have now downloaded the installer again and run it as administrator, but no difference. I will try to install v1.3 again and update.

Tor Arild

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That's not possible if 36C is already in use as landing runway...

Nico (near EHAM)

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

For such a small country it's unusual for one runway to be so far from the terminal and Tower.

FYI That's why there is a second control tower near rwy 36L.

Edited by kiek

I did not find my v1.3, so I did some more tests. First I deleted the xml addon, and then I installed the scenery into the scenery.cfg the old way, with Lorby. Then it showed up, but with elevation problems.  That was solved by renaming Amsterdam.bgl to off in P3d scenery folder. My  problem now is that I have very little AI trafic at the  airport. I use AIG , but all KLM flights are missing. It may be an  AFCAD problem, and I will try to solve it tomorrow.

Tor Arild

Edited by adaniel