Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

FlyTampa EHAM V2 released

3 minutes ago, kiek said:

That's not possible if 36C is already in use as landing runway...

Nico (near EHAM)

What the purpose of 36R then?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

36R is for arrivals only--note that there are no taxiways leading to the approach end of the runway.  36L is for departures only--there are no instrument approaches to that runway.  36C (and 18C) can be used for both arrivals and departures.  On a south flow, it's the opposite--18L is for departures only (no published approaches) and 18R is arrivals only (no taxiways to the approach end of the rwy).

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

52 minutes ago, adaniel said:

I did not find my v1.3, so I did some more tests. First I deleted the xml addon, and then I installed the scenery into the scenery.cfg the old way, with Lorby. Then it showed up, but with elevation problems.  That was solved by renaming Amsterdam.bgl to off in P3d scenery folder. My  problem now is that I have very little AI trafic at the  airport. I use AIG , but all KLM flights are missing. It may be an  AFCAD problem, and I will try to solve it tomorrow.

Tor Arild

Make sure you have no other ADE/AFCAD files for EHAM--a common culprit is the batch of airport files included in some AI traffic add-ons.  After you've uninstalled v1.3 delete the entire EHAM folder in the FlyTampa directory--most uninstallers won't remove files that weren't part of the original scenery, for example if you previously installed a modded ADE file to add dynamic lights or GSX jetways to the old scenery.

Also, make sure you don't have an old elevation correction bgl for EHAM still present in the sim's scenery/world/scenery folder.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

3 minutes ago, w6kd said:

36R is for arrivals only--note that there are no taxiways leading to the approach end of the runway.  36L is for departures only--there are no instrument approaches to that runway.  36C (and 18C) can be used for both arrivals and departures.  On a south flow, it's the opposite--18L is for departures only (no published approaches) and 18R is arrivals only (no taxiways to the approach end of the rwy).

So that leaves 36R free for landings which means 36C could be used for takeoffs. That makes 36L an odd choice which appears to have been built for noise abatement purposes only but using more taxi fuel and longer flights.

On the two occasions I have flown into EHAM 18R was the landing runway and 36L for departure. Less than 48 hours between arriving and departing so I guess I was just unlucky.

I’m aware of the restrictions for 18L and 18R.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

So that leaves 36R free for landings which means 36C could be used for takeoffs. That makes 36L an odd choice which appears to have been built for noise abatement purposes only but using more taxi fuel and longer flights.

On the two occasions I have flown into EHAM 18R was the landing runway and 36L for departure. Less than 48 hours between arriving and departing so I guess I was just unlucky.

I’m aware of the restrictions for 18L and 18R.

It's for peak times where they use a 2+1, 1+2 or 2+2 RWY system. For example, common combinations are:

Outbound peak, wind from the North:

TKOF 36L+36C, LDG 06.

Outbound peak, wind from the South:

TKOF 24+18L, LDG 18R.

Inbound peak, wind from the North:

TKOF 36L, LDG 06+36R.

Inbound peak, wind from the South:

TKOF 06, LDG 18R+18C.

They could also do a 'double peak config, with 2 RWY's for TKOF and 2 for LDG, but that is rare and only allowed for a short period at a time. 

This system gives EHAM the most optimal capacity in terms of hourly aircraft movements under most common conditions. 

This all changes when there are excessively strong winds from the west or south-west. But that is not common. 

Regarding the purpose of the center RWY vs 18R/36L: RWY 18C/36C is used a little as possible due to the approach path to 18C and departure path of 36C is directly over the village of Zwanenburg and parts of Amsterdam. 

This webpage (of the Dutch ATC provider) always shows the current RWY usage and provides some more background info:

https://en.lvnl.nl/environment/runway-use

Edited by 737freak
  • Like 2

Henk de Vries

1 hour ago, adaniel said:

I did not find my v1.3, so I did some more tests. First I deleted the xml addon, and then I installed the scenery into the scenery.cfg the old way, with Lorby. Then it showed up, but with elevation problems.  That was solved by renaming Amsterdam.bgl to off in P3d scenery folder. My  problem now is that I have very little AI trafic at the  airport. I use AIG , but all KLM flights are missing. It may be an  AFCAD problem, and I will try to solve it tomorrow.

Tor Arild

Many AIG AI flight plans now use the injection method with the Manager (instead of the Old BGl flight plan method). KLM is one of those packages. This would explain why some airlines sho up on your end (those using older BGL method) and other are not showing up (those relying on injection by the AIG Manager). 

Check if the AIG Manager is running properly and if it is injecting AI traffic. 

Edited by 737freak

Henk de Vries

2 minutes ago, 737freak said:

Regarding the purpose of the center RWY vs 18R/36L: RWY 18C/36C is used a little as possible due to the approach path to 18C and departure path of 36C is directly over the village of Zwanenburg and parts of Amsterdam. 

Thanks for explaining things. The westerly departures from Manchester have a kink in them to avoid the rather posh town of Knutsford. The residents pressurised politicians when the new runway was built 20 years ago and ATC devised the SID.

The world is getting too crowded and whilst it can be attractive to live near an airport people don’t necessarily want to live under a flight path.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

At rush hours 36R and 36C are both in use as landing runway.  36L is never used as landing runway.

EHAM, in normal days....., is a very busy airport, being a transfer hub.

Edited by kiek
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks for explaining things. The westerly departures from Manchester have a kink in them to avoid the rather posh town of Knutsford. The residents pressurised politicians when the new runway was built 20 years ago and ATC devised the SID.

The world is getting too crowded and whilst it can be attractive to live near an airport people don’t necessarily want to live under a flight path.

Ray check this link lot of info about Schiphol 😉
https://en.lvnl.nl/environment/runway-use

Via this link you also see the actual runways in use at the current time...

Edited by awf
  • Like 2

André

Thanks @awf, I imagine the prevailing winds are similar to Britain coming from a SW direction around 70% of the time.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks @awf, I imagine the prevailing winds are similar to Britain coming from a SW direction around 70% of the time.

Correct, which is why TKOF 24 and LDG 18R is the most common configuration, with extra runways sprinkled on top during periods of the day when demand is high (outbound or inbound). 

• Like 1

Henk de Vries

19 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Indeed Ray most used runways are:
THe Polderbaan (35,0%) and Kaagbaan (25,8%) are the most used. The Aalsmeerbaan (18,3%), Zwanenburgbaan (13,2%) and Buitenveldertbaan (7,0%) are used as secondary runway. The Schiphol-Oostbaan (0,7%)

Outboud peak one common configuration...
18R landing and 18L and 24 takeoff...

To add great site also for extra info:
https://www.annualreportschiphol.com/

Edited by awf
  • Upvote 1

André

23 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I remember very well the years of conflict before the Polderbaan was finally constructed. The fear of those living around the airport was, of course, noise pollution, much more so than other types of pollution. They even went and planted an 'illegal forest' (Bulderbos) to try and stop it, but in the end the forest was cleared and the runway constructed.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case