Sign in to follow this  
Cloudpiercing

Loggbook still pops up after SU7

To my utter suprise the loogbook popped up after my first complete flight after the update to SU7. I was under the impression that it was solved? I've updated the sim yesterday and made a short testflight and then I shut the sim down before I had completed the flight. But today, after my first completed flight after the SU7, the loggbook popped up when I shut down the aircraft. 

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

There is a setting in option to turn it off, Its not automatically turned off, you need to do it manually. I cant remember where exactly though.

Cheers!

Edit...Sylvenzo beat me to it

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I've found that every time I change something in the Content Manager, all my accessibility settings get reset to easy including this one. Very annoying!

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thank you all so much for the help 😀

• Like 1

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

Now though the problem is at least in VR when you have this option turned off it still resets your view and closes any windows you had open when you turn off the engines.  So for example I have my seat position set correctly and have my shutdown checklist open.  When I turn off the engines the display flashes and I'm back at the original seating position which is too close to the instruments and my checklist window is closed.  So they kept the logbook from popping up but didn't stop the other things that kill the immersion of shutting down the aircraft!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, thetford569 said:

Now though the problem is at least in VR when you have this option turned off it still resets your view and closes any windows you had open when you turn off the engines.  So for example I have my seat position set correctly and have my shutdown checklist open.  When I turn off the engines the display flashes and I'm back at the original seating position which is too close to the instruments and my checklist window is closed.  So they kept the logbook from popping up but didn't stop the other things that kill the immersion of shutting down the aircraft!

Exactly. Just shut down my engines and vr went into menu and back. No words for that

Lukas Dalton

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

I've found that every time I change something in the Content Manager, all my accessibility settings get reset to easy including this one. Very annoying!

In decades of flying in sims, I have always  turned crash detection off. Today I was landing in the DC6 on a VA flight, and I touched down at 80 FPM, and the flight stopped, telling me I had hit an object and crashed.I had hit nothing, except the runway with my landing gear, at a normal rate . 

I looked at my settings for crash detection and it and two other settings had been turned on by the update. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

In decades of flying in sims, I have always  turned crash detection off. Today I was landing in the DC6 on a VA flight, and I touched down at 80 FPM, and the flight stopped, telling me I had hit an object and crashed.I had hit nothing, except the runway with my landing gear, at a normal rate . 

I looked at my settings for crash detection and it and two other settings had been turned on by the update. 

So have I, I just think the contact point and crash simulation is not advanced enough to have it on. Quite unrealistic actually to leave it on.