Sign in to follow this  
hals1010

CRJ700 Attitude bars

Guys, can anyone comment on the attitude bars in CRJ700 if they show the right attitude? Is it possible to adjust them higher/lower?Thanks.

?You mean the pitch in degrees positive or negative?Those are fixed and if you pitch up 10 deg, that's where you'll be.... Is it something else you are referring to?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>?>>You mean the pitch in degrees positive or negative?>>Those are fixed and if you pitch up 10 deg, that's where>you'll be.... Is it something else you are referring to?No, I refer exactly to what you're reading. Has anyone checked the actual pitch and bars indication? For example, please check them when sitting on the ground, the ADI shows negative pitch in CRJ700. I can't think of anything I could do to affect it. First I thought there might be a knob to set the bars to 0 (like in some other planes), but you're saying they are fixed. Also I noticed some unusual disbalance between ADI and VSI during flight. It's catching my eye now everytime I jump in CRJ700 and it is a really good plane with a few recent tweaks. :)

Hi Dirk,could you please specify what you've meant by "with a few recent tweaks"? I do like the CRJ7, too, but I'm missing the NAV2-DME feature, for example.Thanks in advance,J

Jurn, if you go to the file library, FSX gauges section, you'll find 2 fixes for CRJ700's gauges. The latest package, besides gauges, also contains some tweaks for the elevator and elevator trim efectiveness. I personally also add a few hundreds of thousands to the default Pitch_MOI. The defaul value of 413776 (compared to Learjet's 42000)seems undermined to me. Warning: it may be only me and my folly combined with my CH Yoke settings, but the plane feels and flies very convincing and stable in the pitch. From your side, could you pls check and post here the position of the attitude bars of default CRJ700 sitting on the ground? As I wrote, here they are looking under horizon when sitting on the ground.

Hi,if you look at the plane in spot view, you'll notice that it really has a nose down attitude on the ground.What sucks more, is the impossible nose down attitude at cruise level.BTW: I was the guy who fixed that CRJ and 737 gauges ;-) (or at least, I tried to do so).Alex

>Hi,>>if you look at the plane in spot view, you'll notice that it>really has a nose down attitude on the ground.>>What sucks more, is the impossible nose down attitude at>cruise level.>>BTW: I was the guy who fixed that CRJ and 737 gauges ;-) (or>at least, I tried to do so).>>AlexThank you so much, Alex! Can you please look into ADI behavior in CRJ700? Or you feel it is correct?

I think it is correct, since the nose points down on ground. If you modify this to be level on ground, it would always indicate a nose up attitude in level flight.Alex

>I think it is correct, since the nose points down on ground.>>>If you modify this to be level on ground, it would always>indicate a nose up attitude in level flight.>>AlexThanks, Alex. But I'm afraid there's something very wrong in this logic. Any other comments?

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Yeah, What Alex is trying to say is that the CRJ-700, in a static position on the ground, sits with the nose below the horizon.The ADI correctly indicates that the nose is below the horizon.If one "corrects" the ADI to show level on the ground, then the ADI will display erroneously high values when in flight.Does that make sense?Nick

Hi Dirk,thanks for the info, I'll check the gauges out ASAP.As requested, here are two screenshotsRegards,J

>Hi Dirk,>>thanks for the info, I'll check the gauges out ASAP.>As requested, here are two screenshots>>Regards,>J