Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

SU 7 Is Another Winner

51 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Some people have different opinions about the subject....and have continued to discuss the subject.

No, no, lets be positive, no dissent,  lets hold hands and sing kumbaya

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

24 minutes ago, March Hare said:

I've done a couple of flights so far. Both in the US. Didn't see haze. Weird, or pot luck.

Haze is one thing, I saw it once in Greece, I was moderately impressed because it was strangely lit but your evaluation may vary, cumulus or stratus hugging the ground is another thing, I saw plenty in Asia and Switzerland. Not a pretty sight. We had that in FSX pre- Active Sky. Not happy to see it back,

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

33 minutes ago, Alvega said:

That's normal haze, not caused by the 10SM bug.

So you don't want haze anywhere even if it exists in real life? Guess you'll have to use custom weather then.

LFRQ metar: LFRQ 201830Z AUTO VRB03KT 7000 OVC007 06/06 Q1022 TEMPO 2000 BR BKN003

Going to try a couple of flights in Europe now and see what happens. You may be right about it being a US problem, I am on the runway now at LFRG getting ready to takeoff for  EHRD, and the sky is as clear as a bell. 🙄

Exactly one minute later, and the haze rolled in while I am still on the runway. 

spacer.png

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Going to try a couple of flights in Europe now and see what happens. You may be right about it being a US problem, I am on the runway now at LFRG getting ready to takeoff for  EHRD, and the sky is as clear as a bell. 🙄

Sky shouldn't be clear at LFRG though.

Metar: LFRG 201900Z AUTO 24003KT 8000 OVC008 07/06 Q1020 NOSIG

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I noticed that haze takes lots of performance too, especial with clouds at ultra.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Exactly one minute later, and the haze rolled in while I am still on the runway. 

spacer.png

There is a METAR decode error and a fix is in the works maybe.

regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Now that is more like what it should look like according to the metar, because now it's the clouds altitude bug making the overcast layer lower than it should be.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Just now, Alvega said:

Now that is more like it should look like according to the metar, because now it's the clouds altitude bug making the overcast layer lower than it should be.

Right, cause that sure isn't 800 OVC, looks more like ground fog.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Now that is more like it should look like according to the metar, because now it's the clouds altitude bug making the overcast layer lower than it should be.

It looks like you are right. Just took off and at about  400 ft AGL, I climbed out of the "cloud or haze", to a clear sky. Going to be flying in Europe for awhile until the US gets fixed. 

• Upvote 1

"Asobo and Microsoft are killing it" - Yep, that's true, but my take on it is probably the opposite of the OP's intended meaning. :unsure:

First of all, I am really not interested in criticising the DX12 beta - it is slightly disappointing, but I think we can all leave it alone and let Asobo work on it.
It is work in progress, and I won't move over until it is finished.  I tried it quickly - lots of stutters, poor performance, and some pink textures here and there (3080Ti here as well! :rolleyes:).  
Environmental colours did look a bit better though.  Anyway, I am done with it for now.

So, just my personal opinion...  I loved SU6, but I am not loving this update at all, and I cannot understand why some people think is is so good, for the reasons already given by others - pointless repeating it over and over.
The setting back to default mouse and all the assistance items on easy took just a few minutes to put back, but I wish they would stop overwriting them.  This isn't the first time something similar has happened.  Why can't they get a grip of it?

So what have we gained?  I seem to have done a massive amount of downloading, for not very much.  Apparently the weather is better.  How?  Is it the clouds? 
I see the haze on some flights, and I use preset weather, not live!  But it has a horrible coloured fringe, like the bottom of the clouds after a recent update.

Performance wise, I have lost just a bit in DX11 (not worth bothering about), and picked up a few stutters I never had before when looking around. So something must have been changed, but not that I can notice.

To mention some positives...  I actually like the new flap noise (airflow rumble when flaps are down), and I like the Cub Crafters nosewheel Cub.
Although the default cameras are messed up again - I need to look into how to modify them in the camera.cfg, anyone know of a good tutorial?  It's that, or wait for Archer to bring out one of his 'better camera' files.
And some of the scenery has improved in the marketplace updates.  For one example, I flew around Zell Am See, and the Grand Hotel on the lake is now a recognisable building rather than just a grey-brown rectangle - nice!

To sum up, I don't feel like I got much out of a rather large download.  It is obvious MS / Asobo are really trying, but once again quality of delivery has let them down again in some areas.  Flyable and still enjoyable though!  :smile:

Edited by bobcat999
Spelling
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

To sum up, I don't feel like I got much out of a rather large download

Beaucoup de bruit pour rien... You have just summed up not only your post but the thousands posted here and there since release. For the record, the download was huge because a bright one at MS stuck together the SU, the airports and the aircraft. Zurich alone was 5GB according to a mod. 

• Like 1

Dominique

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

My guess , is no one at Asobo uses Track IR. 

We should start a gofundme to purchase Asobo a TrackIR. I can't believe they haven't tested that. Not like a huge percentage of their customers use it! It is a big bug for sure..

• Like 3

Man, there's trolling going on😉.

Edited by GaryK
  • Like 1

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

I don't us Track IR in MSFS, but do in DCS and IL2. But i can understand why those that have constantly used Track IR would be annoyed. I Mean it's a flight sim, why would you remove the ability to use it in the sim. I just don't get where their thinking's at, at times.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,