Sign in to follow this  
Sylle

Quick way to change aircraft in Traffic 2005?

Guest GamePlayer

I recently bought Traffic 2005 for FSX and want to change the default aircraft to the AIA, EvolveAI, and FSP models, however, the only way I can find to accomplish this in Traffic 2005 is by adding the aircraft to the list and then opening an AI flight plan and then replacing each flight's aircraft in the flight plans one by one. This is going to take to much time for me especially when I want to do this for every airline in the program. Is there a quicker way to do this within Traffic 200 such as replace all default Aeromexico DC9's with AIA Aeromexico DC9's all at once? If not, is there a freeware program out there that will let me do this? I tried AITM v2 but it won't show my Traffic 2005 flight plan or any flight plans I downloaded even though it says it's reading the flight plan during loading.

Bumping, thanks for asking this.

What you could try as well is to rename your AIA planes with the original name of the Traffic 2005 planes thereby 'fooling' FS X to load the AIA plane instead of the traffic 2005 planes when it loads the flightplans...Still a lot of work but no need to rework the flightplans or to import all the aircrafts into the Traffic 2005 tool.- Open the aircraft.cfg file of the traffic 2005 aircraft type you want to replace.- Scroll to the relevant flightsim section of your file- copy the line (fltsim.0) title=JFAi_B757_BRand rename it for example to (fltsim.0) title=JFAi_B757_BR_b- open the AIA aircraft.cfg- replace the original AIA 'title=' line with the one that came from the traffic 2005 file- SaveWhen when FS X will load the traffic 2005 flightplans, it will now load the AIA model instead of the Traffic 2005 aircraft.No need to do this all at once, you can start with the planes that you see the most on your favourite airport.Regards,SylleEDIT: replaced square brackets of fltsim.0 with regular ones as the forum does not display them otherwise...

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004