Sign in to follow this  
Guest BOPrey

new pc ordered and going to try out FSX

> I agree. Not a chance. - dougAll speculation here, of course:Well, and to expand on what I said in post#3...people don't realize, all sliders maxxed means all sliders maxxed. That means 100% AI (both GA and big iron). AI sliders *will* kill fps in a big city area and big airport, there's just no 2 words about it.20-35 fps post-SP1 with a PDMG 747 on a Core2 Extreme around KJFK with heavy weather and 150 AI aircraft flitting around? Hmm. Maybe, but I am not too sure 'bout that. Would be nice though!!Maybe with a Penryn cpu.We'll have the hardware to run this thing super-well very soon...and we'll have the software even sooner (SP1)... :)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I remember when a single 1GB was alot.Before I embark on the FSX road (which would be soon. Just got a new HD and I have to wait to have it installed), should I upgrade my RAM? If so, to what? I dont even know how much my mother board can take.

Your MB can take up to 3GB RAM (a 1GB bar in each slot), PC3200 that is.Specs: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mother...e=GA-K8NS%20Pro

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

>Well I finally decided to upgrade my PC. I normally build my>own PC but since I moved from Australia to the remote Yukon>its a little hard to just run down to the local PC store and>buy components so I decided to order a Dell system. So how>well do you think it will run FSX. The detail as follows>>Dell XPS710>Intel

Guest YukonPete

Hay Chris where did you order your system? It sounds sweet mate!

Guest BOPrey

One thing I don't understand. Why didn't you go for higher speed ram? FSX is more sensitive to ram speed and to cpu speed.

Guest BOPrey

You will get about 1.5 time more fps.Processore6700 runs at 2.6 ghz = 2.6 x 1.5 = 3.9 ghz of Pentium IV speed. Even you have 2 cores, one just sleeps most of the time. MemoryYour new memory is 1.5 times faster than the old one. (why not get DDR2 800)Video carYour new video card is 2 times faster than the old one.The ePCI is also 2 times faster than the AGPs too. Having said that, if you turn every thing max, it will deliver about 8 fps above New York City. 12 fps with SP1 (assuming SP1 give multi-core system a 50% boost).

Guest YukonPete

That was the fastest ram I could choose from DELL

Guest YukonPete

Ive not had any problems with my old PC and Fs2004. I was running fs2004 with the sliders all at around 90% and I was getting a constant 25fps ( Had it locked at 25 ). And that was also when flying LVL-D 767, PMDG etc... My ld PC isP4 HT @ 3.02Ghz1GB Ram256mb ATI 9800XT

>You will get about 1.5 time more fps.>Having said that, if you turn every thing max, it will deliver>about 8 fps above New York City. 12 fps with SP1 (assuming SP1>give multi-core system a 50% boost). Thanks for that. I don't believe that I will turn everything to the max. I am having a really great experience with my existing machine and feel that even if I get a 50% improvement over what I have now, I will be very happy. I am sure the actual result will be more.Having come from the FS1 wire frame hills and no external view era on a PCXT, Herculese Mono Graphics and a Amber monitor, what we have now is well and truely beyond my wildest expectations.Cheers and thanks for the info.Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaPentium IV 3.0GHz (800FSB) Socket 478 pins CPU w/Hyper-Thread Technology MSI 875P NEO FIS2R, AGP 8X, i875P ICH5R Chipset with Gigiabit Lan2GB PC3200 Double Data Rate (DDR) RAM CAS-2.5- 400MHz RatedNvidia 6800GS 256MbASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCDWestern Digital Raptor 36.0GB HDD IDE, for OS WD 40Gig HD for dataWD 200Gig HD for FSXHercules Game Theater XP, 6.1 speakers Dolby

Guest BOPrey

You might be able run max every on FSX with SP1 except bloom and water.

Guest BOPrey

Oops. My bad. I'm just curious. How much did you pay for that Dell?