Sign in to follow this  
jeffhunter

default 747 takeoff

Im using the Logitech Extreme 3d pro, and its not force feedback. I have yet to use a force feedback stick that I felt was realistic. I think that when you fly planes for real, you would rather not have an affect on a stick, if the affect is too unrealistic. I want the yoke, but at the same time do not like the build quality of the CH yoke, for the price.I froogled the stick I own, and it was 30 bucks online. I picked it up at best buy when I bought FS2004. I didn't have to install drivers for XP, it picked it right up, and because its a logitech product, you are most likely good to go for vista. I wouldnt pay much attention to this "certified for vista" marketing jargon. Good luck on your search, but im happy with my 30 buck investment, and unless things change in the yoke market, I won't be moving on any time soon. Since I fly multiple times a week at the local airfield, I guess I can take flying a cessna with a stick while im at the house.....haha.take care.Danon O.

Guest lental

I fly with a joystick and had a similar problem. Turned out the joystick throttle was working for only one engine. I had to reboot to get it linked to both engines. Pull down your throttle quadrant and see if both engine throttles are opening when you press the throttle key.

>In reply to both, the plane is fully loaded with fuel, making>a trip taking off from juliana and flying to cox international>in dayton. I could probably spare removing some fuel, and I'm>not using a joystick, a bad as it sound Im using the mouse to>fly.Buy an inexpensive joystick like this one ---> http://www.compusa.com/products/product_in...le_USB_Joystick

>They do have "bargain" bin sticks that would make the>experience much more or at least somewhat more immersive. I>thought I was rare because I don't have a yoke... :)>>to each his/her own...but a keyboard....yeesh.>I have a yoke but I prefer my keyboard. :)I think with regard to the OP's issue, perhaps using mouse control, you might not be able to get as full of a rotation that you could get with the keyboard or a yoke. ??RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi Len,If you've got the full version of FSUIPC, you can map keystrokes to "synchronise throttles" eg "ctrl-t" - this simple expedient avoids the need for a restart.regards,Jeff

Jeff Hunter