Sign in to follow this  
him225

Dawn Dusk off actual timing

It used to coincide pretty closely with the real world in FSX and earlier versions of P3D, but perhaps since P3D5 the dawn/dusk are occurring like 30min late/early and transition bit quickly. The new included city street lights seem to turn on/off correctly for the outside light while the sim sky is full dark which indicates the underlying system is still running as before while something has broken in adding the new EA layer with both the EA on/off sky system. Is there any settings than can be tweaked to get the sky to match the real thing more closely again? In initial versions of P3D5 the sky used to begin transitioning correctly but weirdly reverse again to start over and finally make a delayed transition, which with the later updates got fixed but it appears has been left only with the delayed part and the correct point of transition missing.

5 hours ago, him225 said:

It used to coincide pretty closely with the real world in FSX and earlier versions of P3D, but perhaps since P3D5 the dawn/dusk are occurring like 30min late/early and transition bit quickly. The new included city street lights seem to turn on/off correctly for the outside light while the sim sky is full dark which indicates the underlying system is still running as before while something has broken in adding the new EA layer with both the EA on/off sky system. Is there any settings than can be tweaked to get the sky to match the real thing more closely again? In initial versions of P3D5 the sky used to begin transitioning correctly but weirdly reverse again to start over and finally make a delayed transition, which with the later updates got fixed but it appears has been left only with the delayed part and the correct point of transition missing.

This is reported by myself at LM.....(Beta Tester).....In would not worry about this

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks, that's good to hear. You'd expect them to address such issue by now, was beginning to thing if it was a glitch left somewhere on my install after the updates.

V5.3 appears to have fixed this. I have run a couple of tests and the sun rise and sun set times were within +/- 2 minutes for the times I calculated (using the traditional lat/long method) for the location I selected. The sim seemed to capture and display the first light 10 before and last light 10 after sunrise and sunset ok. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, coastaldriver said:

V5.3 appears to have fixed this. I have run a couple of tests and the sun rise and sun set times were within +/- 2 minutes for the times I calculated (using the traditional lat/long method) for the location I selected. The sim seemed to capture and display the first light 10 before and last light 10 after sunrise and sunset ok. 

Strange I see no difference from previous other than now the street lights also turn on/off at the wrong timing along with the sky. Did you also try comparing light level realtime at your location?

him225 i will do that tomorrow morning I can look out the window (i am in the country) and run the sim see how they compare before dark and with first light and sunrise! Let you know.