Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcmckeown

Anyone tried Wilco's new Airbus Vol1 for FSX?

Guest JETPETER1

I am interested in this, only if framerates are decent, the ACJ is nice and people think it's a good release. I know the past wilco releases are the worst on non-optimized performance, so I was wondering if there is any hope for this one in FSX? Thanks, Peter

What are your hardware specs. I have the Airbus Deluxe from Feelthere, and I think it's even better in FSX. Didn't notice much difference in frames from the default A321 or 738. I have a core 2 duo e6600 with 2 gigs of ram and a nvidia 7600gt.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest JETPETER1

I have a great 2 year old XPS Gen 2 laptop by Dell, with an Nvidia 6800 PRO card, and 2 Gig of system Ram. I run at a steady locked 24 fps / most places world wide with the default airliners... and about 17fps on the only addon I have, the Alpha Sim SR-71... how would the new Wilco Airbuses compare?

Ok, did some testing in the sim, I was wrong, the Wilco/FT bus is quite a bit harder on frames than the default A321. I ran my test at KTUS at noon, fair weather. Most of my settings in the high end range except for traffic settings, I have 50% on the road vehicles, and 17% airline and GA traffic.For the default A321 I got: 27 sitting on the runway ready for takeoff25-26 on the takeoff roll24 Climbout forward view20 Left Window Climbout17 on the Right Window during climbout and23 for landing forward viewWilco/FT A321:19 sitting on the runway15 during the takeoff roll14 on the climbout forward view14 for the left window during climbout13 for the right window during climbout and19 for the landing forward viewJeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest JETPETER1

Yuck, maybe after the patch, perf. will be good ? hmmmmm

Guest scon

I have the Feelthere Wilco A32X and the latest SP as made a difference ( SP 2a ) maybe 20% - 30% better

Guest jcmckeown

I agree, these glass cockpit planes are all very well but they really eat up your FPS. The other issue I have is that gauge movement is rarely smooth which is a great pity. The only company that has ever made decent gauges that are not FPS eaters is Reality-XP and Realair in their SF260. BTW I also owned PMDG's products that were great except the glass cockpit gaugues that were good buy not always super smooth... Incidently, Reality-XP will be releasing an A320 under airliner-xp brand. They have published a video of the PFD that is really smooth and that works at the same FPS rate as the rest of the sim. http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/AXP/PFDVC.wmvI trust these guys on gauges because I've owned several of their products before.I would be curious to know if the gauges in Wilco's product are as good. Could somebody make a similar close up video of the PFD? Wilco don't even publish close up screens of the PFD on their site so I suspect they have something to hide...JCMK