Sign in to follow this  
beatle

SP1 Beta 2 Posted to Testers

Hi Phil,Thanks for all this feedback.Several people, including me, have seen issues with autogen bleeding through custom textures. Has this been investigated/fixed?As a side note, in some recent work I've been doing, it appears that at least some if not all of the problem has to do with Luis Feliz-Tirado's custom terrain.cfg file available at avsim. I and several other people are investigating to see if we can figure out the problem, and I will enlist Luis' aid as well. So the problem may not be a bug in FSX, or it could be his terrain.cfg just exposed an existing issue. I don't know. In any event, the advantages of using this terrain.cfg overshadow this problem. But it would be nice to get it fixed.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Sp1 will be welcomed by me whenever it comes out. FSX works well on my system now (not perfect, still good though)and I'm confident SP1 will help.Many thanks to Phil for keeping us informed. keep up the good work. Hopefully future software releases will be handled in the same manner - openness.....

Will the CH Products Flightsim Yoke 'gear down - gear up' switching be the same as that for FS9, I hope so?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Couldn't you just turn off "Collisions with other aircraft" which I believe turns off collisions with ground objects also! I do this with both FS9 and FSX, simply because there are parking gates back to back in both which are too close making a collision with a parked aircraft while taxiing out (or in) inevitable.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest The B of BLT

If I remeber right to get the gear toggle to work correctly for the CH Yoke you need to change the C:Documents and SettingsyournamehereApplication DataMicrosoftFSXControlsStandard.XMLas shown in the attached.

Twas the night before SP1 Christmas, when all through the house Not a creature was stirring, not even a FS developer mouse.The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,In hopes that SP1 soon would be there.The simmers were nestled all snug in their beds,While visions of frame rates danced in their heads.And Phil Taylr and others of the FS chaps,Were looking foward to get settled for a well deserved nap.:-) :-) :-) :-lol

I think they may have been having a 'nap' when they gave FSX the go ahead for retail?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

Yeah, whatever.Good rhyme, Victor.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

It's great. And it's not too sweet. The lemon juice tames the Maraschino liqueur. The drink became popular in the 1930's when the public was fascinated with aviation. I have seen a reference to it as far back as 1916.Maraschino can be a little hard to find. Luxardo and Maraska are two good brands.Give it a try. Just adjust the lemon juice:Maraschino ratio if the sweetness is not to your liking.

Pardon my stupid question. Does this mean that the patch would not work on "Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2" ?Abe

>Pardon my stupid question. Does this mean that the patch>would not work on "Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2" ?>>Abe>>Only if you have too many Aviation Cocktails...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest AJT67

Only a simple question I hope as we approach potential release.....Phil,Has there been a fix for the ATC not completing their sentences, and the toggling error for ATC when doing an IFR flight?This has been the only issue spoiling the sim for me, "IFR flight plan is cancelled".....sigh.ThanksAndrew.

Guest RonB49

Hi Andrew,Can you tell me more about these two problems? They do not happen to me and I therefore doubt that they are FSX bugs and are unlikeky to be fixed for you.The only time that ATC does not complete sentences on my rig is if I'm using an accelerated sim rate. The only time an IFR flight plan is canecelled is when I fail to respond to an instruction. R-