Sign in to follow this  
beatle

SP1 Beta 2 Posted to Testers

>Only a simple question I hope as we approach potential>release.....>>Phil,>>Has there been a fix for the ATC not completing their>sentences, and the toggling error for ATC when doing an IFR>flight?>>This has been the only issue spoiling the sim for me, "IFR>flight plan is cancelled".....sigh.>>Thanks>>Andrew.Those aren't bugs. That's by-design behavior.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest AJT67

Hi Ron,These are in fact recognised problems, and a temporary fix to the second one has previously been posted on these boards.For problem number one, ATC will start a sentence to you, but then it will be "cut off". You can kind of get the point of what they are saying however.For problem number two, when you set off on an IFR flight, and you get notified to "contact xyz on ...." in a lot of cases, you cannot reply. You then get the usual "did you hear my last transmission", followed by cancellation of IFR flight plan.Somebody posted a fix for this by toggling your radio frequencies between active and standby on com1 and com2, but it does not always work.

Guest RonB49

On the second problem I must agree with Rhett; this behaviour (ATC window loses focus) is by design. We may not like it and I suppose that ACES may decide to go back to the FS9-type behaviour, if that's possible, but I don't think it can be viewed as a "bug."Regarding the first problem, I do remember another time that I noticed those sentences being truncated. It was when I was using the Editvoicepack accelerated voices feature. I have, since then gone back to the default voice pack in preparation for installing SP1. I just don't notice the problem now. Do you use Editvoicepack? Have you tried reducing sound acceleration in dxdiag? That also causes problems with ATC voices.R-

If the ATC window looses focus, all that's required is to click once within the area of the window to regain focus...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The problem I have with ATC is that when I do NOT let it pop up automatically (which I would like to do) then every now and then there are no entries to choose from... The space where the pilots options are, is empty! This always results in a IFR cancelled situation. Very annoying... This bug (?) forces me to have the ATC window popup all the time... I hope this will be fixed!BTW I also would like it if I could acknowledge something without actually opening the ATC window. I want to see as little as possible of it because it spoils the 'really being there' idea. With the ATC window NOT popping up automatically I can quickly acknowledge soemthing by pressing ` 1 `quickly. That's the best 'solution'. But since this results in IFR being cancelled frequently.........

I have never encountered the bug you describe. (!) (?)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yes... and check out Phil Taylors blog. He has links to some new info about SP1 SDK and Scenery changes. :-jumpy

Matthew S

Guest atwlaw

I have a Athlon 64 X2 dual core CPU and will the multi-processor optimization in SP1 work if I run windows XP 64?or do I have to have Vista to benefit from it?

The multi-proc optimizations in SP1 just need a multi-proc system and support from the OS, so XP32, XP64, Vista32, and Vista64 will all benefit. I don't believe there are any optimizations that require Vista of any flavor (there might be some bug fixes that only affect Vista, but that's different :-> ).When the DX10 upgrade comes out later in the year, that will, of course, require both Vista and a DX10 compatible card, since you need both of those to have a DX10 compatible system :->