Sign in to follow this  
pstrub

Rob Randazzo on PMDG 737 release date, interview Nov 22nd

10 hours ago, DEHowie said:

Far from acceptable yet the MSFS fan club lap it up and come back for more.

Sadly pouring praise on mediocrity only leads to more mediocrity.

Mediocrity,  I went back to P3D  for a week or so, after flying MSFS for a couple of months. Now there is mediocrity. Like flying over scenery done on a coloring book.

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 hours ago, pstrub said:

Only the DC6. You can listen in yourself for the exact wording Rob used at around 9:00. 

Thanks. That makes more sense. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

and whatever else they release after and after that too, lol

Complete conjecture here, but if I were to guess, the sales for the study level tubeliners will go something like:

PMDG NG3
PMDG 744
FENIX A320 CEO
LM MADDOG
PMDG 752
PMDG 777

I know there's no point in ridiculous speculation, but I figured some one might have fun picking these upcoming sales apart... We don't have much else to do right now, haha!

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

3 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Complete conjecture here, but if I were to guess, the sales for the study level tubeliners will go something like:

PMDG NG3
PMDG 744
FENIX A320 CEO
LM MADDOG
PMDG 752
PMDG 777

I know there's no point in ridiculous speculation, but I figured some one might have fun picking these upcoming sales apart... We don't have much else to do right now, haha!

I think the 320 will take the top spot (easily) when it comes out. As popular as the 37 is, IMO, the 320 is the most popular airliner for any sim.  I don't think the US is as big of market as everyone thinks it is.

• Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

1 minute ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

I think the 320 will take the top spot (easily) when it comes out. As popular as the 37 is, IMO, the 320 is the most popular airliner for any sim.  I don't think the US is as big of market as everyone thinks it is.

Agreed. It has a huge potential. If released anytime soon, PMDG will has real competition there.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

5 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Agreed. It has a huge potential. If released anytime soon, PMDG will has real competition there.

I wouldn't classify it as competition.  They'll most likely share most of their customer base.  I just think the A320 will sell more overall.  Most products for FS have a lot of the same customers.

It's actually better for 3PDs to have near simultaneous releases of their products.  This especially applies to sceneries.  It's kind of like excitement breeds more excitement.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I don't think I was the target for the official trailer. If it was for me, they would have done the external shots on the ground and cockpit for in-flight...

16 minutes ago, Torg Smith said:

I don't think I was the target for the official trailer. If it was for me, they would have done the external shots on the ground and cockpit for in-flight...

Good lord, we are at the point in which people have to spit out elitism even when commenting a normal plane trailer? Did you comment the same way for every other plane in FSX and P3D that got a similar video out for its release?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Just now, Pastaiolo said:

Good lord, we are at the point in which people have to spit out elitism even when commenting a normal plane trailer? Did you comment the same way for every other plane in FSX and P3D that got a similar video out for its release?

I fail to see the elitism. I did not say it was a bad trailer. I just said I have a different way of looking at the game play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Torg Smith said:

I fail to see the elitism. I did not say it was a bad trailer. I just said I have a different way of looking at the game play.

Which plane did you use in that past that didn't have a similar video for its release?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 minute ago, Pastaiolo said:

Which plane did you use in that past that didn't have a similar video for its release?

Actually, that is one thing I think is missing from trailers.

31 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

are at the point in which people have to spit out elitism

Don't knock it until you've tried it 😁

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

6 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

I think the 320 will take the top spot (easily) when it comes out. 

Is Fenix an XPlane developer?  Because I never heard of them until a few months ago.

And yet they may take the top sales spot from the PMDG 737?  Maybe, but that's a long pedigree (PMDG) to overcome.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

18 hours ago, DEHowie said:

Except according to Flytampa in their forum all the scenery devs are massively disappointed with scenery sales being far far below expectations.

Is it any wonder the DC-6 sold given there is no other aircraft in the entire sim worth flying?

The flying under bridges crowd unsurprisingly have no desire to part with cash for high fidelity scenery is that really a surprise?

Pmdg will sell a pile of 737's when they eventually release as desperate simmers clawing for something that flies and operates something like a real aeroplane.

So with no useful turboprop engine model, aerodynamics that are fully revised every release in a continuous state of apparent dart board throws trying to hit the bullseye, clouds that still look like a martian sunrise the game continues to be an amusement rather than anything approaching a serious platform.

How will PMDG hope to keep the 737 working with Asobo's incredibly porked update process?

No thanks for the 1 hour a day the clouds do look great it aint worth ten times that every 4 weeks sorting out the debacle that MSFS updates have become.

Uninstalled.

PS

Im thoroughly enthralled by people who think the P3D default aircraft are somehow worse than that of MSFS.

So a fleet of default aircraft that have engines that work in physics defying style with no propeller theory and autopilots that still dont work properly is somehow "better".

I guess it is better to know a little rather than a lot as the utter trash that we PAID for is simply that. The 787 remember we paid extra for it is still the biggest pile of ones and zero's ever inflicted on the simming community.

Its an embarrassment to the name Boeing and nothing what soever like the aircraft i fly for a living.

No make no mistake the "default" MSFS are the worst ever packaged in any simulator or game.

Imagine if Assetto Corsa cars turned the wrong direction with a steering wheel input as thats EXACTLY what MSFS default and paid for addon aircraft did and in many cases still do.

Far from acceptable yet the MSFS fan club lap it up and come back for more.

Sadly pouring praise on mediocrity only leads to more mediocrity.

Tell us where Asobo hurt you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Former Child, Current Adult