Sign in to follow this  
pstrub

Rob Randazzo on PMDG 737 release date, interview Nov 22nd

2 hours ago, DEHowie said:

Is it any wonder the DC-6 sold given there is no other aircraft in the entire sim worth flying?

That is great argument to why all plane developers should leave Xplane and P3D and start developing for MSFS. If they could push out high quality models they would all see record breaking sales for years.

• Like 3

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

7 hours ago, Gilandred said:

No, PMDG made the offer because it was thought at the time MSFS release was imminent, and no one was spending money on P3D addons anymore.  This gave PMDG some immediate cash flow, and was betting on much higher volume sales with MSFS to more than offset the credit they would offer down the road when their own product was developed for MSFS.  It was quite frankly a stroke of marketing genius.

But hey, I’m not going to argue anymore.  Best of luck to you if you can get your refund.

Apart from the "no" I agree with everything you say here. Without the offer and like people above and myself have said they would not have bought it. Its that simple. It ends there, a sale or no sale.

Personly I am not bothered about a refund as long as they do give us what they said a $100 credit on the MSFS NG, be that the base or the F or MAX.

4 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

The only flaw in that argument is that you actually got something of value for that $100 - the P3D version.  If all you ever did was use P3D then that was the price of the aircraft.

The credit entitles you to apply a reduction to the MSFS version - if it’s less than $100 the you get it for free.  If they were to THEN refund you the difference it would be like you got the P3D version for less money too which doesn’t make any sense.

The P3D had no value as I and other above have said, it was only the credit that made us pay the $100 they wanted. At that point in time like many 3PD have said, sales went dead. PMDG want to keep some funds coming in. It was a stroke of makrting genius. 

All I hope/want is they honour the fact of the $100 credit toward the MSFS product. Thats were I draw the line. I give credit notes and gift tokens out, you dont short change people. No one inclued myself likes to give money back but a credit for $100 on the MSFS product is just that, end of.

We will have to wait and see.

Also to point out the offer ended mid Jan and PMDG was hoping to release the NG around Oct-Nov of the same year. It also might have been a diffrent matter if the wait was going to be 2+ years. Then like has been said I would have just waited and not bothered with the offer. That said Robert and his release date are always .....lets just say it kindly..maketing XX

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I said the P3D version was a sweeter because it aloud you to fly the new version within P3D do you even know that the difference was? So it was nice to use it for a bit but the bottom line was we could see or get a taste of what  it will be like. Why do you think  PMDG made that offer.
Zero interest, it seems you cannot grasp anything. There is a big difference in having zero interest in buying for a sim you no longer want to invest in to already owning it and being able to see what the new NG was like, zero interest in buying anything more for P3D yes, but since I owned everything of PMDG ofc I had an interest in seeing what it was like. Given the $100 was to be but towards the PMDG MSFS version. Is this to hard to grasp?

Yes it is hard to grasp. Because why would I make an advance payment for the MSFS Version of 100 Dollar in 2019, makes no sense. So the Logic is clearly: Buy the P3D Version and get credit for the MSFS Version. Not the other way around. If you understood it like this (clearly as the only one) I think that is your problem.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Would you be okay with the NG3 dropping for $59 and getting a $41 credit forwards future purchases?

It's pretty easy for PMDG to do, all things considered. We don't know enough about Robert to know if he'd do it. It would NOT be out of character. He likes his community a lot.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

33 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Would you be okay with the NG3 dropping for $59 and getting a $41 credit forwards future purchases?

It's pretty easy for PMDG to do, all things considered. We don't know enough about Robert to know if he'd do it. It would NOT be out of character. He likes his community a lot.

Yes I said that above. My point is PMDG said we would get $100 credit towards the MSFS NG, its that simple to me. If it $59 great and I will spent the rest on the F or MAX. 

Lets wait and see.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Oh I think you certainly will get the 737 here in MSFS for free then.  I just don't think you'll get a refund.  

I think that would be more than fair. I didn't buy the new PMDG P3D 737, as nothing seemed set in stone, and the goalposts could easily be moved.

As it turned out I got onto the Alpha testing and more or less since then I hadn't touched P3D (and to a lesser extent Xplane) so it would of been wasted money as I wouldn't flown in it.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

12 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

There's nothing there.  You bought and received the NGU for P3D. You bought a credit towards the MSFS version... I'm sure it will be received for free.  The deal didn't also say "and also if the MSFS versions costs less than 100 USD you will get a refund for the difference." 

Maybe at best you'll  retain a credit on your account for the BBJ or other model expansion.

I think the most fair think for PMDG would be to issue a credit on the accounts of NGXu holders for the difference.  I suspect this is the way they will go, no point getting everyone up in arms over a $30 credit (my guess). 

• Like 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Quite frankly…I’ve had more than my monies worth out of the NGXu, If I happened to get the NG3 for “free” but whatever the remainder of the credit was wiped out, I wouldn’t grumble. 

Every thread on here seems to turn negative and argumentative within the first page. Why don’t we embrace this new and amazing sim world and enjoy it?!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

I think the most fair think for PMDG would be to issue a credit on the accounts of NGXu holders for the difference.  I suspect this is the way they will go, no point getting everyone up in arms over a $30 credit (my guess). 

A post to my good fellow simmers here (the bad ones, I don't read them anymore 😇), take no offence please but when reading you on the topic I fell on my behind. 

PMDG offered the prospect of a discount when they put the NGXu on the market for P3D as it was then supposed that the MSFS version would also be on a high price range. 

Now PMDG has reassessed the market and think that their MSFS price could be significantly lower, which means in practical extending your discount to all customers. 

Why, in Heavens, should they give a monetary compensation ?  

Sorry 😋

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

45 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

As Nyxx has suggested, some buyers had different expectations. Personally, I always viewed "and credit of this purchase will go to the NG3" as, you're buying the NGXu, and 100% of the purchase will be knocked off the NG3 selling price. (Which at the time was advertised as $130).

If the NG3 sold for a dollar, my personal interpretation was 100% of that would come from an NGXu purchase. A rebate or credit would go counter to this initial statement, but PMDG will evaluate based on the size of the uproar, I'm sure.

Edited by WestAir
Edited for my poor spelling.
  • Like 3

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

8 minutes ago, WestAir said:

As Nyxx has suggested, some buyers had different expectations. Personally, I always viewed "and credit of this purchase will go to the NG3" as, you're buying the NGXu, and 100% of the purchase will be knocked off the NG3 selling price. (Which at the time was advertised as $130).

If the NG3 sold for a dollar, my personal interpretation was 100% of that would come from an NGXu purchase. A rebate or credit would go counter to this initial statement, but PMDG will evaluate based on the size of the uproar, I'm sure.

Well put, I think refund was the wrong word to use. For all the reasons you just said, A credit really would be fine on the MSFS NG range. Lets wait and see. Am sure Robert has already given this a lot of thought. He did not know how big the MSFS market would be and even the $130 at the time people where saying it could be more around $150. Am sure it will all work out in the end.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

A post to my good fellow simmers here (the bad ones, I don't read them anymore 😇), take no offence please but when reading you on the topic I fell on my behind. 

PMDG offered the prospect of a discount when they put the NGXu on the market for P3D as it was then supposed that the MSFS version would also be on a high price range. 

Now PMDG has reassessed the market and think that their MSFS price could be significantly lower, which means in practical extending your discount to all customers. 

Sorry 😋

I really don't care either way, I never purchased the NGXu, quite happy with the original NGX and have it running just fine in P3D v5.2.  Now looking forward to purchasing the NG for MSFS.

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

It doesnt really matter what PMDG sell the NG3 for or whether or not they'll credit your account. 

Y'all will be buying the thing the second its released regardless of the price. You know that and so does PMDG. They are going to make a killing on the NG3 and that makes me happy. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

The NG3 will be the best selling aircraft (whenever it comes) on a desktop platform in history. Book it. The folks at PMDG are not stupid and will not rush a release I just hope they bulk up their support group they are going to need it.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

The NG3 will be the best selling aircraft (whenever it comes) on a desktop platform in in history. Book it.

and whatever else they release after and after that too, lol

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |