Sign in to follow this  
Rene_Feijen

No weather??

Since SU7 I most of the time have no weather and even time changing working. I have the weather options (scattered, broken clouds etc) but the sky just stays blue. Have not weather mod active, and REX Weather Force is OFF.

Anyone has a clue?

Edited by Rene_Feijen

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

Same here..😰... good news is REX is working fine, just completed  2 hours with perfect weather ! 👍

Edited by vcarlo
  • Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

I indeed also have REX installed incl latest update. But did not yet use it, will try. Maybe REX WF2020 then is the culprit?

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

Same here - seem to get metars OK but no live weather in the sim just what appears to be the Clear Skies preset.  At least I don't see snow at Milford sound!

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Ok guys, solution is to go on your app settings i.e. apps and features > advanced options and click repair. Make sure you not press reset!

This won't change anything regarding settings etc.

I had same problem today. Tried to mess around with weather presets and lost live weather completely lol.

• Upvote 1

When you say you "Tried to mess around with weather presets" what exactly were you doing and why would that lead to lost weather?

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

13 hours ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Since SU7 I most of the time have no weather and even time changing working. I have the weather options (scattered, broken clouds etc) but the sky just stays blue. Have not weather mod active, and REX Weather Force is OFF.

Anyone has a clue?

Perhaps there have been server-side problems. The past couple of days, I have seen clear skies everywhere, and the ground-hugging fog/haze below. This morning, however, the clouds have returned, along with rain, sweeping rain shafts, a rainbow (that appeared to be in the right place), and fog clearing away.

Which isn't to say it was 100% accurate (I can't see across the ocean, and haven't checked weather for the region 😅), but it was much better than perfect blue skies in every direction and location.

Edited by March Hare

I uninstalled REX and the problem persists. I cant change the time. And when I want to choose scattered clouds or so the sky stays clear.

I AM able to select a weather preset from within the Main Menu though. But that costs more time as I have to reload the flight.

Because also weather presets are not selectable I dont think it is a server issue?

@intheshadow where can I repair the app?

Edited by Rene_Feijen

1 hour ago, Rene_Feijen said:

I uninstalled REX and the problem persists. I cant change the time. And when I want to choose scattered clouds or so the sky stays clear.

I AM able to select a weather preset from within the Main Menu though. But that costs more time as I have to reload the flight.

Because also weather presets are not selectable I dont think it is a server issue?

@intheshadow where can I repair the app?

You are in live multiplayer mode. All data is in sync there.

Having the same problem, although sometimes it successfully injects the weather most times its clear and 2992 no matter what the metar says 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

1 hour ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Having the same problem, although sometimes it successfully injects the weather most times its clear and 2992 no matter what the metar says 

Are you beginning your flights from loading a saved flight plan?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, intheshadow said:

You are in live multiplayer mode. All data is in sync there.

Uhm, where can I see that and change that (and change to what?)?

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Are you beginning your flights from loading a saved flight plan?

Sometimes and sometimes not, it doesnt make a difference.