Sign in to follow this  
Tokitaumelie

Upcoming TRAINING Edition Release & Virtual Cockpit Re-Desig

Looking forward to the release.

Thanks.

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

we know that many folks were not pleased with the level of detail provided in the Visual Extension Package, so we are implementing a significant re-design of the Virtual Cockpit of the Q400 for the P3D platform. Changes to be expected will for done on the 3D objects and cockpit structural elements (roof, walls and so on) including the instruments. Both the instrument texts and the EFIS screens resolution will be improved.

Completion of this phase of the VEP upgrade will be released for free to the owners of the Visual Extension package, as well as the Training edition of the Q400.

It's great when a developer listens to feedback and does something about it.

This is an unexpected and very welcome piece of news. Thanks @Tokitaumelie for continuing your work on the fabulous Q400.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

the training edition isn't my thing.  But the visual pack update sounds fantastic.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

It's great when a developer listens to feedback and does something about it.

This is an unexpected and very welcome piece of news. Thanks @Tokitaumelie for continuing your work on the fabulous Q400.

+1

Appreciated!

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

It's too bad they're locking compatibility for sloped surfaces to the Training version. I'll probably end up upgrading just for that + the VC update, but it should be standard IMO.

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

It's too bad they're locking compatibility for sloped surfaces to the Training version. I'll probably end up upgrading just for that + the VC update, but it should be standard IMO.

Maybe I've missed something, what is the sloped surface compatibility?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

13 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Maybe I've missed something, what is the sloped surface compatibility?

afaik P3d v5 allows for sloped runways / taxiways. Ground physics probably has to be adapted because as far as I recall the Majestic Q-400 uses JSBSim externally as the simulation engine.

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

afaik P3d v5 allows for sloped runways / taxiways. Ground physics probably has to be adapted because as far as I recall the Majestic Q-400 uses JSBSim externally as the simulation engine.

This was not always the case until probably v5.x.  The Q400 due to the external FDE usually sank several inches below the surface while operating on sloped surfaces

• Upvote 2

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Will this version finally include a single-cue flight director (as used by some of the biggest Q400 operators, including Horizon and Wideroe)?

Edit: Just checked the features this list and it seems to be case (WING TYPE FLIGHT DIRECTOR). Can't tell you how long I've been waiting for this one -- definite day 1 purchase for me.

Edited by thepilot

1 hour ago, crosswind said:

This was not always the case until probably v5.x.  The Q400 due to the external FDE usually sank several inches below the surface while operating on sloped surfaces

Then I agree it's a shame that this is only in the cockpit builders version, because sloped surfaces are integral to v5 and capable of use with any version of the Q400, I hope you could review this at some point please?

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

The Training Edition has been released. Can't wait to take the Q400 to the virtual skies again...

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 9:00 PM, kevinfirth said:

Then I agree it's a shame that this is only in the cockpit builders version, because sloped surfaces are integral to v5 and capable of use with any version of the Q400, I hope you could review this at some point please?

How many airports in p3d feature sloped runways?

1 hour ago, thepilot said:

The Training Edition has been released. Can't wait to take the Q400 to the virtual skies again...

Justflight is slow as always 😄

André

On 11/23/2021 at 6:10 PM, crosswind said:

Is the installer of the training version already sent to Justflight?

It's overall available besides Justflight...

Thanks,

• Upvote 1

André