Sign in to follow this  
Tokitaumelie

Upcoming TRAINING Edition Release & Virtual Cockpit Re-Desig

So I see that the Training Edition is available at a discount of 74.96 euros versus the list price of 99.99 euros.  I know it gets excellent reviews.  But I do have a question for the experts, I mostly fly FS Labs, PDMG and Leonardo.  Should I expect something of that quality here? Also, I'm not a turboprop expert (I've spent a little time with the TBM) is it hard to get up to speed?

1 hour ago, Iadbound said:

So I see that the Training Edition is available at a discount of 74.96 euros versus the list price of 99.99 euros.  I know it gets excellent reviews.  But I do have a question for the experts, I mostly fly FS Labs, PDMG and Leonardo.  Should I expect something of that quality here? Also, I'm not a turboprop expert (I've spent a little time with the TBM) is it hard to get up to speed?

As for turbo prop yep you can expect the same level 🙂

Edited by awf

André

Should I expect something of that quality here?

Yes

'm not a turboprop expert (I've spent a little time with the TBM) is it hard to get up to speed?

No. The Prop handling is fairly straight forward in the Q400.
Basically you operate the prop levers (or condition levers rather) through different detents during your flight
1020 RPM (TO + APPR)
900 RPM (CLB)
850 RPM (CLB/CRZ/ Low noise APPR)

The Torque is set via conventional power levers.

She is a rocket though, with those powerful PW100's. Things happen pretty fast during TO and initial climb .

Also mind the weak yaw damper, the nose will want to yaw during departure, so rudder trim is a good advice. 😅

Edited by SAS443
  • Upvote 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Thanks everyone for great and insightful posts. I’m going to give it a go! Seems like Majestic rarely offers discounts and the new version will get the updated-updated visuals too, so I’m taking the plunge. 

• Like 1

If you're used to the FSL A320 or PMDG's Boeings, you're in for a ride with the Q400. There's a lot more to handle, in part due to less automation, especially in single pilot operations. But it's also so much more fun, and overall a very rewarding experience. 

• Upvote 4

Agree. This plane is far more challenging to fly. Which also means far more rewarding. 

• Upvote 4

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

40 minutes ago, Iadbound said:

Sounds a bit like the MD-80 with a side of turboprop. 

You can at least land the FlyTheMaddog MD-80 gracefully. My landings in the Q400 are a coin toss between 'ok' and looking like either this landing, this one or this one.
Seems like I am equally as good as the pros! 😆

Great aircraft. I think you'll enjoy your purchase.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Any planned visual refreshes for the pilot or pro edition?  Or do you solely have to buy VEP going forward?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I remember the Majestic Dash not having the same power and climb performance as the real one. Is it fixed with the Training Version? 

26 minutes ago, jomcci said:

I remember the Majestic Dash not having the same power and climb performance as the real one. Is it fixed with the Training Version? 

Hmmm, did you have the aerosoft version? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Still not out on Justflight 😞 Would really like to try this new version..

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

1 hour ago, snapshot21 said:

Still not out on Justflight 😞 Would really like to try this new version..

It’s on Simmarket. But I guess if you bought it previously on JustFlight and want the upgrade path price you’ll have to wait. Odd how these things are not synchronized more. 

5 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Hmmm, did you have the aerosoft version? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

@kevinfirth

Hi Kevin,

first of all I don't have hours on that specific A/C, but colleagues of mine have and reported overall better performance after TO in general (long time ago, can't reconstruct the whole conversation in detail). The Q400 is a monster....

I found an interesting discussion on that topic: http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/737/this-a-c-is-underpowered 

Maybe you have felt differently and you know the A/C from daily business? Let us know.

PS: I don't know what you meant by "aerosoft version".    

@crosswind @Tokitaumelie

Any update about availability from JustFlight? Or is there anyway I can have the upgrade discount from another site?

Would really love to get this plane 😞

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090