Sign in to follow this  
Digger57

No taxiing aircraft

I've been spotting traffic on EHAM (and also on EGLL and KJFK for that matter) in MSFS2020 for an hour or so. I'm using PSXT_MSFS  and RT with AIG liveries. There's plenty traffic, but not one aircraft is taxiing from or to a gate. After landing they disappear at the end of the runway. They take off after appearing out of nowhere on the runway. Many gates have parked planes btw. Is there a way to get the planes taxi to and from the gates?

Jan

near EHGG, Netherlands

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digger57 said:

Oh well, guess I'm the only one with nothing taxiing .

indeed 😉

No problems here at EHAM, not at KORD ...

1 hour ago, kiek said:

indeed 😉

No problems here at EHAM, not at KORD ...

Well, what can be wrong? Can you help me out? I haven't clue what I'm doing wrong here. Seems like they don't recognize the taxiways. I have tried with no aircraft parked at the gates, so there's plenty space for arriving traffic. No effect. Still no taxiing! 

5 minutes ago, Digger57 said:

Seems like they don't recognize the taxiways.

PSXseconTraffic has no notion of taxiways, the aircraft are "deaf and blind" so to speak.

Sorry but I have to pack my suitcase for a small trip now. Will be back on Sunday.

Fixed it meanwhile.

I'm using AIG-liveries and in "parameters.xml" I accidentally added an lfolder-link to the wrong folder: aig-aitraffic-oci-beta_CVT-folder. After removing the link to the aig-aitraffic-oci-beta_CVT-folder (and of course keeping the link to the correct aig-aitraffic-oci-beta folder), the taxiing started again.

• Like 1

i have exactly the same issue.

what "parameters.xml" file do you mean? i am also using AIG liveries.

where was the link you mean?

Thank you

Hello oscyrk,

You can find that "parameters.xml" file in C(or whatever HDD you use):\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\PSXT_MSFS

Actually, when you're using AIG with MSFS2020, then you should already know the existance of this file. If not, it won't work, a.f.a.i.k.

Anyhow: open it with Notepad++ and look for the following part and fill in the links (of course using your locations of the Liveries. Also don't forget the link to your add-on Aircraft-folder. I used the Community file location and it works. 

Btw: I'm not an expert. This is how I did it and everything is working fine with MSFS2020, PSXT_MSFS, Real Traffic and AIG-liveries.

"...<parameter name="lfolder0" value="E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta" />
    <parameter name="lfolder1" value="E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\GA Liveries" />
    <parameter name="lfolder2" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder3" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder4" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder5" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder6" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder7" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder8" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder9" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder0" value="E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community" />
    <parameter name="afolder1" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder2" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder3" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder4" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder5" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder6" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder7" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder8" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder9" value="" />....."

Greets,

Jan

Edited by Digger57
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Digger57 said:

Hello oscyrk,

You can find that "parameters.xml" file in C(or whatever HDD you use):\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\PSXT_MSFS

Actually, when you're using AIG with MSFS2020, then you should already know the existance of this file. If noit, it won't work, a.f.a.i.k.

Anyhow: open it with Notepad++ and look for the following part and fill in the links (of course using your locations of the Liveries. Also don't forget the link to your add-on Aircraft-folder. I used the Community file location and it works. 

Btw: I'm not an expert. This is how I did it and everything is working fine with MSFS2020, PSXT_MSFS, Real Traffic and AIG-liveries.

"...<parameter name="lfolder0" value="E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta" />
    <parameter name="lfolder1" value="E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\GA Liveries" />
    <parameter name="lfolder2" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder3" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder4" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder5" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder6" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder7" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder8" value="" />
    <parameter name="lfolder9" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder0" value="E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community" />
    <parameter name="afolder1" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder2" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder3" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder4" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder5" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder6" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder7" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder8" value="" />
    <parameter name="afolder9" value="" />....."

Greets,

Jan

many thanks for your quick reply.

in my parameters file, i had no paths in the lfolder0, lfolder1 and afolder0 lines.

i will try putting my paths for the aig-aitraffic-oci-beta folder and community folder, at the same lines of your file (i don't even know what are these commands activating, but i will do the same and see..)

the only question is: by "add-on Aircraft-folder" you mean where i store the downloaded airplanes and liveries (GA Liveries in your case??). i store everything in my Community folder so i will try with that one.

good news! 

i solved it by deleting the file C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\InsideSystems\RealTraffic.ini

🙂

4 hours ago, oscyrk said:

good news! 

i solved it by deleting the file C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\InsideSystems\RealTraffic.ini

I solved my no taxiing aeroplanes in P3D by changing:

"Show ground traffic":false,
to
"Show ground traffic":true,

Thanks for giving me the suggestion of where to look!

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

53 minutes ago, F737NG said:

"Show ground traffic":true,

You must have switched it off, or you did not select PSXT.

If you select PSXT for Simulator in use it will be set automarically. (see Manual 3.2).

Edited by kiek