Sign in to follow this  
pseazel

AI TRAFFIC at busy airports

Hey guys I have been wondering how do you make ai traffic dissapear say using a keyboard shortcut? if you are trying to land at a busy airport or trying to takeoff and theres an ai plane standing in your way , how do you make it go away/

There is probably a better method than what I do, but I just pause the flight, take the time compression to 8x, then reduce it back to Normal speed & Unpause the flight.  Time Compression to 8x removes all AI traffic and when you set it back to normal, new aircraft, etc. will load and it's very unlikely for another aircraft to come in your way at the runway or on approach.  Try it and see if it works for you.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pseazel said:

Hey guys I have been wondering how do you make ai traffic dissapear say using a keyboard shortcut? if you are trying to land at a busy airport or trying to takeoff and theres an ai plane standing in your way , how do you make it go away/

Take a look at AI-Companion in the Alpha-India website. It's no longer being updated for FSX, but the FSX/P3D2/P3D3 version still works great.  I'm almost, completely, positively sure it contains a traffic limiting feature.  Don't know if it contains a traffic zapper feature though.

Edited by airernie
  • Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

FSUIPC has a zapper key - Z. It's only for AI planes directly in front of you. It has a loud bang and the airplane disappears. If you have FSUIPC installed load a flight press ALT and go to Addons then click FSUIPC and you'll find it under KEY PRESSES.

Bruce

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pseazel said:

@brucets where  I download ai companion from?

Click on the hyperlink embedded in Alpha-India in the initial reply I posted.

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

On 11/25/2021 at 2:55 AM, airernie said:

Click on the hyperlink embedded in Alpha-India in the initial reply I posted.

Ok i found it thank you very much

1 hour ago, pseazel said:

Ok i found it thank you very much

also what atc addon do you use , can you please recommend one for me . The default one is annoying especially flying ifr

2 hours ago, pseazel said:

also what atc addon do you use , can you please recommend one for me . The default one is annoying especially flying ifr

I use Alpha-India's AI-Manager. It's written for P3D, but has limited support for FSX.  The major downside is that while it does almost everything automatically for P3D, large parts of it are a manual process for FSX.

That is why I don't recommend it unless you have tons of patience and time. It literally takes "hours and hours" to install and  maintain as flight plans are updated. Also, while the authors have been pretty good about keeping FSX in the loop for liveries, with MSFS, P3D and FSX to support that is waning.

I wrote a tutorial last year if you want to browse it to get an idea what using AI-Manager with FSX involves. 

Links to both are embedded in the message above.  Good luck.

Ernie

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

On 11/28/2021 at 2:45 PM, airernie said:

I use Alpha-India's AI-Manager. It's written for P3D, but has limited support for FSX.  The major downside is that while it does almost everything automatically for P3D, large parts of it are a manual process for FSX.

That is why I don't recommend it unless you have tons of patience and time. It literally takes "hours and hours" to install and  maintain as flight plans are updated. Also, while the authors have been pretty good about keeping FSX in the loop for liveries, with MSFS, P3D and FSX to support that is waning.

I wrote a tutorial last year if you want to browse it to get an idea what using AI-Manager with FSX involves. 

Ernie

thanks again, and ai companion has really improved my flying experience.

22 hours ago, pseazel said:

Hello Ernie, I am convinced I must have AIG manager i have downloaded both the latest versions on the wesbsite still trying to figure out which works best with my system and how to get everything up and running.  will use your tutorial for help and will get back to you incase of any issues or clarity regarding the tutorial

On 11/28/2021 at 2:45 PM, airernie said:

Ernie

@

The advantage of the AI-Manager system is that the flight plans are frequently updated, aircraft coincide with current aircraft and have the correct liveries. The downside is the time and patience it requires to put everything together.

The downside is that it takes time and patience.. Lots of both.

Because of the available flight plans I found it unrealistic to try to incorporate all of them.  I do almost all of my flying in the US and Canada so I limited myself to those carriers that were either based or serviced those.

Ernest Pergrem

Makes sense I also dont need all of them. I have been following your tutorial and I just want to understand does the one click installer work for fsx or not. Can I use the AI manager to download flight plans? I have tried all afternoon to check for available flight plans online but I am getting nothing I am not sure if its a bug or a slow internet connection on my end as all my pages i open online are working just fine. I just cant seem to access online flight plans at the moment could you please help me with this ?

31 minutes ago, pseazel said:

Makes sense I also dont need all of them. I have been following your tutorial and I just want to understand does the one click installer work for fsx or not. Can I use the AI manager to download flight plans? I have tried all afternoon to check for available flight plans online but I am getting nothing I am not sure if its a bug or a slow internet connection on my end as all my pages i open online are working just fine. I just cant seem to access online flight plans at the moment could you please help me with this ?

Select Online -> Available Online from the main screen. Highlight the airline flightplan that you want to install for example "Air Canada Express". Click on "Install".  Once the Flightplan Installation map pops up select 'Install Manual'.  That will bring you to a list of aircraft.  Select the aircraft that you want to download the repaint for and click 'Download'. 

Once you have completed all of the repaints, then you need to specify the 'Path' where your compiled flight plans will be stored and then click on 'Compile'.  That will create the BGL file that FSX requires.

So no,  AI-Manager will not automatically install your flight plans.  You must compile them yourself once you have downloaded the liveries and installed in the aircraft config file. Ergo, the time and patience I referred to.  That feature is only available in P3Dv4 and possibly MSFS. 

What you doing with AI-Manager is installing the correct liveries and telling the flight plan where to find your aircraft, since that varies with everyone's installation and then packaging (compiling) that for the FSX AI traffic engine.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem