Sign in to follow this  
dpergau

European airport suggestions?

Hello all,

I primarily fly in North America but I’d like to purchase some European scenery to try some flights there. With some sales now underway I think it’s a good time to pick up some airports. Flightbeam’s EDDN & Toulouse and Orbx Edinburgh are some choices I’ve already made. I’m hoping flytampa may have their own sale as well for Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Vienna, Athens and Corfu. Taxi2gate also has a sale on for Munich and Paris CDG  I am looking for any suggestions for any other sceneries which anyone may recommend.

Thanks!

Dan

Edited by dpergau

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

I have all of the above except Orbx Edinburgh and can recommend them Have a look at MK Studios. They do very nice products for Dublin, Lisbon, Helsinki and Reykjavik, but I don't think they are on sale at the moment. 

Digital Design is another good producer, for Nice, St Petersburg, Liverpool, Brussels, amongst others.

• Like 1

Ian S

38.jpg

Thanks Ian! I hope to pick up Flightbeam’s New Zealand scenery, FlyTampas Sydney as well as Orbx Brisbane, Perth and Melbourne. Any other suggestions in your neck of the woods? I have the North America orbx regions but no others… yet. 

Always a tough time of year for the wallet 🙂

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

Flightbeam are definitely some of my favorite airports too.  I just picked up NZAA and LFBO, but haven't tried them yet.  FlyTampa doesn't seem to have it's own sales often, but I definitely grabbed YSSY from ORBX at 40% off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dpergau said:

Thanks Ian! I hope to pick up Flightbeam’s New Zealand scenery, FlyTampas Sydney as well as Orbx Brisbane, Perth and Melbourne. Any other suggestions in your neck of the woods? I have the North America orbx regions but no others… yet. 

Dan

Orbx North and South Island are highly recommended. Orbx Queenstown is also a great place to fly in and out of. Good call re Flightbeam Auckland and Wellington, they are both very good. Have a look at a producer called Godzone who has made a nice rendition of Christchurch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ian S

38.jpg

8 minutes ago, dpergau said:

Dan

Just FYI, the Orbx Perth airport is not the main international airport, it is a GA airport, Jandakot.

• Like 1

Ian S

38.jpg

Just for head up, that Newsealand and Australia are not suited in Europe as far as i know. 😛

EDDF, EDDM, EDDH and especially EDDK from Aerosoft are a ggod choice for Germany. Even the fairly old EDDF can still compete to actual sceneries. LOWW from OrbX and Alicante LEAL from Pilots are recommended as the whole Belearic Islands Mallorca, Menorca and Ibiza by Aerosoft. And don´t forget LEMD and Barcelona from them.

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I started with Europe but after Ian’s reply added the Australia and New Zealand twist 😉

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

If it goes on sale, by all means go for FlyTampa's CPH. I have many favorite sceneries, but this one comes out pretty much on top of the list because of its faithful rendition of the real airport and its excellent performance. It also helps that it's a major hub served by many airlines, including low cost carriers.

Edited by thepilot
  • Like 1

I would say Aerosoft Madeira due to the fun approach.  Also like Orbx LOWI

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

How could I forget LOWI?  Thanks everyone!

Dan

• Like 1

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

If you're interested in some Scandinavian flying Orbx's Swedish Airports are extremely good, I own ESSA (Stockholm Arlanda) and ESGG (Gothenburg) which are both excellent, I'm also very tempted to pick up ESNQ (Kiruna) for a nice winter destination to fly to in the MD80.

Edited by SimeonWilbury
  • Like 1

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

Challening ones: LOWI, LEBB, LGSM, LGKR, LGSK

Nice ones I like to fly to: LDDU, LIEO, LICJ, LIMJ, LIML, LIRN, ENVA, ENBR

Edited by Flyinggok
  • Like 1

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

Since LFBO, EDDN and EGPH are choices that you have already made, if any of the following European airports are on sale, then in my opinion:

Must haves
Aerosoft EDDF, EDDK
FlyTampa EHAM, EKCH
Orbx EGLC, LOWI and anything Swedish by their developer Marcus Nyberg

Nice-to-haves
Aerosoft LEBL
Pilot's FSG LEAL*
LatinVFR LEMD*
Drzewiecki EPWA
Digital Design LFLL, LOWS
MK-Studios BIKF, EIDW, LEPA and maybe LPPT

*You will need a GPU with a minimum of 8 GB of VRAM for these airports

For Downunder:

Must haves
FlyTampa YSSY
Flightbeam NZAA, NZWN

Nice-to-haves
Orbx NZQN, YBBN
Godzone NZCH

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

European Airports which I really like;

Beautiful Model of the World

https://beautifulmodelworld.ru

24 lovely regional airports mainly in Italy, Spain and France on a subscription basis, for 28 Euro. Includes LIPB (Bolzano)which is great to get across to from Innsbruck.

Also LSGS in the Markerplace.