Sign in to follow this  
Scimiter

Reno Races

I didnt think the Reno races would be for me, but out of curiosity I checked it out on you tube and thought I will give it a go, so I bought the basic package ............OMG, I love it! It is highly competitive, very difficult, demands a lot of concentration and very addictive. You could say I am hooked. I am off to practice lol 😎

• Like 8

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

I like it if you take it for what it is... Fun..

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

25 minutes ago, Scimiter said:

I didnt think the Reno races would be for me, but out of curiosity I checked it out on you tube and thought I will give it a go, so I bought the basic package ............OMG, I love it! It is highly competitive, very difficult, demands a lot of concentration and very addictive. You could say I am hooked. I am off to practice lol 😎

How dare you use a sim to game with inop buttoned aircraft! 😀

• Like 2

Yep, same for me! Didn't want to spend too much on it as I wasn't sure if it was going to be my thing but I think its great fun! I am terrible at it and only just had my first race where I've actually gained points rather than lost.. but its highly addictive to keep joining quick matches to try and get a better result!

• Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

5 hours ago, Car147 said:

I like it if you take it for what it is... Fun..

Fun??? I thought this was all serious stuff?

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

I would enjoy this, but I haven't purchased it. Considering how little time I have to spend with the sim, and usually around 11pm when I do get a chance, apart from rare weekends, it doesn't seem worth my spending the money. A shame.

11 minutes ago, Coneman said:

Fun??? I thought this was all serious stuff?

Some seem to have fun. others just Gurn...about anything

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

10 minutes ago, March Hare said:

I would enjoy this, but I haven't purchased it. Considering how little time I have to spend with the sim, and usually around 11pm when I do get a chance, apart from rare weekends, it doesn't seem worth my spending the money. A shame.

I think that's the beauty of this expansion though. The races are only 10 or so minutes in length, so you can just fire it up and do a race or two if you're limited for time.

The only slight disappointment for me is the fact that I haven't done a race yet without empty slots. The lobbies don't seem that busy which is a shame. Maybe it's just the times I'm flying.

Edited by Tom Wright
  • Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Just now, Tom Wright said:

I think that's the beauty of this expansion though. The races are only 10 or so minutes in length, so you can just fire it up and do a race or two if you're limited for time.

That's good information. It just takes longer than that to boot up the sim 😆

I downloaded the entire aircraft package and the expansion pack but I don't seem to get any races? I set Reno Stead as airport of departure and see the stands but they're all empty like I turned up at the wrong time. What's the trick to get this working guys? 

Cheers

Terry

Edited by Lord Farringdon

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

I bought that too but have not got around to trying it.

Hope you dont need the big package to participate

Have you looked under activies? challenges or something like that?

• Upvote 1

I bought the full package and got myself 40 new aircrafts. Nice. You have to go to Activities to join races.

• Like 1

That sorted it thanks @peppy197  It was under activities.  👍

Cheers

Terry

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.