Sign in to follow this  
Barnes

Updated LVFR Static Aircraft Bundle

Not sure if it's been posted but LVFR have updated their static aircraft addon to cover almost 300 airports worldwide.

Many will prefer the moving dynamic traffic that AIG and Simple Traffic offer, but for me this hits the mark.

I like to see airports populated with correct carriers, but right now I'm not crazy about the go-arounds, spinning aircraft and weird ATC chatter that MSFS offers. I'm okay with quiet skies. 

Now that the package is updated, most major airports in the world are populated and in the tests I did, FPS were not affected when compared to the empty airport. 

Anyways, thought some of you may be interested.

LVFR Static Aircraft

Edit: BTW - At the bottom of the page I linked above, there is another link to a map that shows the current airport coverage 

Edited by Barnes
  • Like 2

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Thanks for posting this. 

I was looking at the LVFR static aircraft thru Contrail yesterday and that page showed only the original 41 airports.  Now it has been updated

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

I love it! The only airport covered I have visited since the update has been YSSY Sydney. The aircraft are correctly parked at their respective airliner terminal - Qantas at the Qantas terminal, Virgin Australia and Jetstar also correctly placed. International at the international terminal. 

I have now turned off live or offline AI - correctly placed statics is just perfect for me.

Edited by mfahey
Typo Correction
  • Like 2

Does this work with addon airports like the FSDT KORD? and FlyTampa KLAS, etc.?

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

24 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Does this work with addon airports like the FSDT KORD? and FlyTampa KLAS, etc.?

Works quite well with both of these sceneries. You just have to watch out for sceneries that include static aircraft. Sometimes there can be some overlapping. However, I noted one such conflict over on the LVFR forums and they fixed it within a few hours.

• Like 3

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

37 minutes ago, Barnes said:

Works quite well with both of these sceneries. You just have to watch out for sceneries that include static aircraft. Sometimes there can be some overlapping. However, I noted one such conflict over on the LVFR forums and they fixed it within a few hours

That's good to hear...I like the general idea of this product but I know initially it only worked at default airports.  I am using AIG right now but the fps hit is a bit much for me when using the FBW 320 at the larger airports.  I love what AIG are doing and was a user of it in P3D but the overall AI system is such a mess right now in MSFS. Until Asobo can improve that,  I'm thinking of trying this to see some proper aircraft at the gates.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

18 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

That's good to hear...I like the general idea of this product but I know initially it only worked at default airports.  I am using AIG right now but the fps hit is a bit much for me when using the FBW 320 at the larger airports.  I love what AIG are doing and was a user of it in P3D but The AI system in MSFS is completely messed up so until Asobo can fix it, I'm thinking of trying this to see some proper aircraft at the gates...

That’s exactly why I picked it up. 
As you say, aircraft are placed with the default airports in mind, but in general I haven’t seen any major issues at the 3rd party airports I’ve looked at. Some jetway alignments may be a bit off, but nothing that bothers me too much. YMMV. 
One other benefit is that it doesn’t slow down MSFS startup as much as AIG (if that sort of thing matters to you).

David Webster

23 minutes ago, Barnes said:

That’s exactly why I picked it up. 
As you say, aircraft are placed with the default airports in mind, but in general I haven’t seen any major issues at the 3rd party airports I’ve looked at. Some jetway alignments may be a bit off, but nothing that bothers me too much. YMMV. 
One other benefit is that it doesn’t slow down MSFS startup as much as AIG (if that sort of thing matters to you).

Well thank you very much for your words.

This package does not conflict with AI in the way that AI will not work. You might just have an AI parked where a static is, but it will never affect the way they work.

We placed aircraft in 300 airports. Most of the important airports in the world, if not at least the top 100 in the world are depicted here. It was quite a difficult and tedious job placing by hand thousands of aircraft according to real world type/airline and location of gate.

As you said location is based on the default, we don't want to assume anyone has a 3rd party airport for it to work. And the location is based on the default satellite imagery.

We are certainly looking forward to add more airports in the future, so lets see. Thanks!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, LVFRicardo said:

We are certainly looking forward to add more airports in the future, so lets see. Thanks!

That's great to hear Ricardo...I just picked this up and really like it!  You know what would be even better? To see your version of KBWI with some static SWA liveries...😉

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

SUCH a limited selection, for GA and bush crazies like me. Probability  that I would ever encounter one of the 300 airports in their list is, well, about zero. There are (I'm guessing) over 10,000 landing strips on this planet. This is maybe a great addon for tubeliner simmers.

Edited by Eclex

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

The Developer has stated a few posts above that more airports can be added.  We can probably even add personal favorites ourselves.  It looks like a common file structure that we can possibly duplicate and modify to our liking.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

so i bought it, but there's no download link on the website....

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

54 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

so i bought it, but there's no download link on the website....

Install the contrails app and link your account

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

3 hours ago, Eclex said:

SUCH a limited selection, for GA and bush crazies like me. Probability  that I would ever encounter one of the 300 airports in their list is, well, about zero. There are (I'm guessing) over 10,000 landing strips on this planet. This is maybe a great addon for tubeliner simmers.

Last I checked,  MSFS had around 39000 airports.    You can discover this yourself,  by running https://github.com/albar965/navdatareader