Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

Uninstalling FSX in preparation for SP1

Guest KemoF15

Just a heads-up--and if I'm overstating the obvious I apologize--As most of have read thus far, and as ACES recommends, SP1 should be done over a clean install of FSX (recommended option). I recently uninstalled FSX and have FS9 running as well. Though most agree uninstalling FSX won't impact FS9, it does do some furniture banging in the registry department and caused a few of my FS9 .wav files and not sure what else so far to go missing in action.As a fix, I rebooted the system and ran a payware registry healer--over 53 files/.dlls "issues" were identified as problems (my previous counter would be 7 or 8).Also recommend defrag to "realign" bits and pieces after uninstalling around 14GB worth of FSX.KemoF15

I uninstalled FSX also, mainly because of a re-activation problem, andin my case Active camera worked only in Demo mode, had to request a new key.Helmut

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Why not just rename the FS9 folder or move it (also rename/move the registry file/s)?I don't see how messing with FSX could do anything at all to FS9 if you did this.It's worth a go. Uninistalling and re-installing FS9 would be about a 6 hour process for me. lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3