Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Black Friday sale in the Marketplace

4 hours ago, DylanM said:

None of mine were after a quite a fair number of purchases...haven't touched my other options since SU7 and the assistance ones have stayed put.

Count yourself lucky. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Ugghhhh, where’s my credit card 😬

• Like 2

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

2 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Struggling selecting KEYW and CYVR between ORBX and FSDT. Any suggestions? 

FSDT released KEYW 1st and I snatched it up as its a great 1 hour flight in the DC-6 (total) from KMIA...or KFLL that I picked up a few weeks back from LVFR (Also excellent!).( @raymar you're gonna love KFLL....sloped runway and elevations, and the piers on the coast you fly over on departure...the one thing I recall vividly on my one flight out of there years ago.)

I have not been disappointed, @virtuali (Umberto at FSDT) provides stellar support and regularly updates all his scenery...I buy any of his work without hesitation. 😉 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Just now, Steve Dra said:

FSDT released KEYW 1st and I snatched it up as its a great 1 hour flight in the DC-6 (total) from KMIA...or KFLL that I picked up a few weeks back from LVFR (Also excellent!).( @raymar you're gonna love KFLL....sloped runway and elevations, and the piers on the coast you fly over on departure...the one thing I recall vividly on my one flight out of there years ago.)

I have not been disappointed, @virtuali (Umberto at FSDT) provides stellar support and regularly updates all his scenery...I buy any of his work without hesitation. 😉 

I soloed at KFLL and flew many times in a C 152 from Ft Lauderdale to Key West for the weekend. It was a great flight, each time I did it. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Just picked up the dc6, already have kmia so given your suggestion of an hour ish flight which is the perfect length for me, I will get key west and try this flight! And will pick up kfll as well! 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

1 minute ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Just picked up the dc6, already have kmia so given your suggestion of an hour ish flight which is the perfect length for me, I will get key west and try this flight! And will pick up kfll as well! 

If you're not familiar with the Key West area....make sure you land at KEYW....land at the "other" airport and you'll be greeted by MPs with M-16's. 😉 😉 

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I soloed at KFLL and flew many times in a C 152 from Ft Lauderdale to Key West for the weekend. It was a great flight, each time I did it. 

Hey Bob, I too did my flight training in Fla....NAS Jacksonville to be exact.  Only made it as far south as Ormond Beach for my x-country solo.  Love flying in Fla with MSFS....grew up in Orlando, stationed in Jacksonville during my Navy career, and will be retiring in Clearwater.  MSFS renders each place fantastically!

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Set your flight plan so you fly along the shoreline down to Key West. KFLL   VKZ HST  MNATE MTH  KEYW

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Set your flight plan so you fly along the shoreline down to Key West. KFLL   VKZ HST  MNATE MTH  KEYW

Yep...and if you're goin' that way....might as well try and land her at Marathon. 🙂    Never tried it....bet the runway may be too short unless you're REALLY light. 🙂 

Have flown that opposite route to MIA and stopped in Marathon....with the Mooney. 🤣

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

7 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Bob, I too did my flight training in Fla....NAS Jacksonville to be exact.  Only made it as far south as Ormond Beach for my x-country solo.  Love flying in Fla with MSFS....grew up in Orlando, stationed in Jacksonville during my Navy career, and will be retiring in Clearwater.  MSFS renders each place fantastically!

MY First Cross Country Solo was  KHWO- KVNC  - X26  ( Sebastion)  KHWO

4 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Yep...and if you're goin' that way....might as well try and land her at Marathon. 🙂    Never tried it....bet the runway may be too short unless you're REALLY light. 🙂 

marathon is 5000 ft, you could probably make it, full reversers on touchdown. Key West is only 5100 ft. 

Edited by Bobsk8

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Nice! Thanks for the tip, I’ll be sure to try this! Excited for it…Just gotta learn to get the bird started lol

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

5000 ft, you could probably make it, full reversers on touchdown. 

Hehe....I have a problem with floating her down the runway....those tires are expensive to replace, LOL....I try to not even make them squeak on touchdown....I'd been in the weeds for sure...or worse, in the water if I tried my normal landing routine 🙂 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

5 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Have flown that opposite route to MIA and stopped in Marathon....with the Mooney. 🤣

Always up for a fun challenge, especially when nothing is at risk…Gotta get a few landings under my belt first before trying this!

20 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

If you're not familiar with the Key West area....make sure you land at KEYW....land at the "other" airport and you'll be greeted by MPs with M-16's

"Almost" happened to me in real life.

I'm not a pilot but, we were in Orlando for the 1998 Microwings conference ( let's see who else was there... ) with the "ATP gang": me, Simon Hradecky, Richard Cook and Steve Garry, Alberto Barbati (future author of GSX many years later) and Angela, back then my GF, currently my wife...

The guys decided to rent a Piper Seneca IV in Daytona ( back then, Avgas was SO cheap in the US... ), landed at Kissimmee to pick me, Alberto and Angela, so we obviously headed for Key West. It was August, so the weather was very good, and the whole route was simply breathtaking, following Interstate 1 along the keys, with that emerald green sea.

Just moments before landing at KEYW, Richard ( former 747 instructor at British Airways ) was in command and, suddenly, somebody in the cockpit said something like "Be careful, turn to the LEFT, not to the RIGHT, that's a Naval Air base there, we don't want to be shot down!"

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 3