Sign in to follow this  
Jarnie

Rudder and throttle on Joystock stopped working

Since the latest MSFS update a few days ago the throttle slider and rudder (handle twist) aren't working correctly.

Firstly the throttle doesn't work in a sim yet it does when I go to Control Options.

When I apply full rudder the rudder moves fully in that direction but then returns to the neutral position even with the joystick on full rudder.

I have recalibated the joystick in Windows without any difference. I have even tried a differenet joystick without any difference.

What can I do next?

Thanks

John

John

Gigabyte Z390, I7 9700K, 16Gb, RTX2060, Gigabyte 32" monitor

Hi john,

What worked for me was to go to the controls page, write down what my previous settings were (just in case), then I deleted my assignments that weren't working and re-assigned them fresh, and that worked for me. 

Mario

Thanks Mario.

What do you mean by "deleted my assignments" as I'm not sure if I ever did anything else except accept the defaults.

John

I think you and I are having the same issues. I have had that with elevator and ailerons so far today. Haven’t experienced rudder yet but I’m ready for it!

Please no more updates Asobo as I seem to get problems with every update.

The throttle now seems to have a mind of its own and at idle the throttle on the aircraft will suddenly fully open and I can only reduce to idle by pushing the joystick throttle fully on and then back.

Strangely when I do a 'challenge' or 'training' I have no problems with the rudder and throttle. It's only when I do a 'free flight' that the rudder and throttle act like 'zombies'.

Right now MSFS is almost unusable.

Edited by Jarnie
add sentence

John

After searching the internet I found that SU7 reset all settings and so I went 'looking' and changed many from ON to OFF. That seems to have fixed the problem.

Still it is annoying that SU7 could have either advised/warned users during the update that all user settings would be reset and to check them after the update OR better still NOT to change them although maybe this was not possible with the changes being implemented.

• Like 1

John

Yeah, I've been having problems with the Assists settings. I set them the way I like them and then a couple of flights later they'll reset automatically.

Last time I landed I couldn't taxi back to the gate because rudder assistance had taken over, and turning all assists to Hard made no difference. Yikes!

Mike Beckwith

msfs sounds like "fun" ....... enjoy the short taxi's.

for now, cheers

john martin

Hi John,

I see that you have solved your problem, but what I meant by "deleting my assignments" of the items that were not working, would probably apply in your case also to the "default assignments." The point would be to reset whatever wasn't working be it assignments or default settings.  But, I'm glad that you have your issue sorted out.

Regards.

Mario

11 hours ago, Highmike said:

Last time I landed I couldn't taxi back to the gate because rudder assistance had taken over, and turning all assists to Hard made no difference. Yikes!

That just happened to me also... rudder assistance appears to kick in after the landing even when turned off in the settings.

I push the rudder pedal and an invisible force turns it back, all the way to the opposite side.

This was after I got the NXi update at the Marketplace and all my Assistance settings had been reset to Easy. 😬

Restarting the flight... and so far, so good..

Does anyone have a definitive cause/fix??

Bert

27 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Seems i have same issue with rudder during takeoff and landings

Michael Moe 

Resetting the Assistance settings repeatedly fixes it for some.

If you sit in the cockpit and move the rudder you may see it move back on its own.. that is what happened to me.

Bert

Sorry I forgot about this thread.

I solved my 'problem' setting the following OFF (from ON)

PILOTING section

Auto Rudder

Assisted Takeoff

Assisted landing

BTW I have also found -

After loosing 'history' (of airports previously selected) when planning a flight, then 'gaining' wake effects for floatplanes mid year the latest update (SU7) regains the previously lost 'history' but lost wake effects.

Honestly will they ever release an update without stuffing something up? Maybe a stricter testing phase might be appreciated.

John

Has anyone reported this bug to Asobo? ( After a year I still cant register on the official forum- very frustrating)

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

11 hours ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Has anyone reported this bug to Asobo? ( After a year I still cant register on the official forum- very frustrating)

I have.. 😉

Bert