Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

New Release: FSDreamteam - Charlotte Douglas...but...

...though it looks a very good conversion, I was a bit surprised at the email I received from FS Dreamteam linking to a product purchase page stating I can buy this right now for a whopping CHF 32.31 ($34.60) -

https://order.shareit.com/product?catalogid=300959243&productid=301015880&vendorid=200281737

...when on the FSDreamteam homepage it costs "only" $15.99.

@virtuali: Maybe a mistake but any explanation for such a big price difference?😃

Edited by steve310002

are you in Canada?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

4 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

are you in Canada?

Switzerland....same country as FSDreamteam so an odd mistake (if it is a mistake) to receive an advert proposing to be charged twice the price.

Its listed right now at $17.99 Canadian with the black Friday discount.

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

6 hours ago, steve310002 said:

@virtuali: Maybe a mistake but any explanation for such a big price difference?😃

The explanation was already given on our forum:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25719.msg168966.html#msg168966

We don't know why Digital River use these very high exchange rates on SOME currencies only ( the EUR/USD or the CAD/USD rates are way more reasonable ) but the solution is very easy: just choose to be billed in USD, and let your payment provider ( CC or PayPal ) doing the conversion.

Edited by virtuali

3 hours ago, virtuali said:

We don't know why Digital River use these very high exchange rates on SOME currencies only ( the EUR/USD or the CAD/USD rates are way more reasonable ) but the solution is very easy: just choose to be billed in USD, and let your payment provider ( CC or PayPal ) doing the conversion.

Doubling the price is more than simply using a higher exchange rate. As a fellow Swiss resident, it surprises me that FSDreamteam would use a company that charges such an extraordinarily high 'exchange rate' to customers in their own country of operation whereas just over the border in the EU they pay around half. Doesn't seem very ethical and I'm sure it catches a few people out who are not privy to the trick you explained of choosing a different currency. It should be written in the email to select USD or EUR to pay half if that's the case.

I'm a bit surprised at that.

Edited by steve310002

2 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

As a fellow Swiss resident, it surprises me that FSDreamteam would use a company that charges such a ludicrously high 'exchange rate' to customers in their own country of operation whereas just over the border in the EU they pay around half.

The issue is, nobody noticed it before, and it doesn't seem to apply to all products, GSX for example has a good exchange rate from USD to CHF, Zurich for MSFS has it too, and so do many other products. But some of the older products have a bad exchange rage with some currencies, and for some reason KCLT has it too.

We already asked Digital River about this, and are awaiting for an explanation.

My theory is the products with a bad exchange rate for *some* currencies are those that used to cost more, but we lowered their price after a while and, for some reason, some currencies doesn't seem to "follow" the current price in USD, which is the only one we set so, perhaps they might be able to fix it.

6 minutes ago, virtuali said:

We already asked Digital River about this, and are awaiting for an explanation

Fair enough and good to hear you are in the process of fixing the issue.