Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Clouds are looking good today …

3 hours ago, harrry said:

they are certainly taking a lot of much deserved flack and loss of customers

Source for "loss of customers"? The direct and indirect revenue to Microsoft from MSFS in the past year plus is probably in the vicinity of a quarter billion dollars. And we still haven't seen the advent of high quality tube liners on this platform yet. So how big do we think the potential customer losses might be?

• Like 2

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

4 hours ago, Tom_L said:

This probably would have looked "good" from above too: clouds emerging from the ground, and no resemblance with the METAR (Live weather yesterday evening after the servers were back, time changed to daylight):

Given that EDDH is @ 53 ft / 16 m, and the lowest reported cloud base is 3900 ft AGL, this can't even be due to the fact that they're taking QNH instead of AGL as a reference for METAR clouds... 😕

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The clouds are puffy... no, I mean they are poofy! 🙂

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, Victoroos said:

Same here, flying from EHAM to Iceland, word not allowed, it was accurate above England, nice line of clouds right up to the coast, hmmhmm 😉 sexy

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Did a flight last night to test the new pipe with the DC6, live weather, it was as always, great. I must be lucky!

LGAV

In French we say of an aging lovely lady, "elle a encore de beaux restes" (loose translation,she still has got what it takes ?). Same here,  the Asobo engine was and still is great to set up cloud fronts and, with the right light, has beautiful clouds. It pains me all the more to see that the update pressure and the Metar fantasy make them spoil it. The wretched SU7 doesn't only make cumulus roam the ground, but those roaming the skies are often deformed.

I flew this morning on grass (from grass strip to grass trip I mean 😇 but you understood) and I was not overly happy with the clouds ! Yesterday I aborted a flight in Valdez, it was ugly !

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, AUA425 said:

a few screenshots maybe there ? 

BR !

Sure sir!

51703225842_bd8f4f1837_b.jpg 

51703225602_35205e690b_b.jpg

51703225442_4bd44c9aef_b.jpg

Here you see in the BG you see the thicker cloud layers above England.. and we were skimming along the coast

51703225282_91b22d25be_b.jpg

51703228007_1ecb93ae75_b.jpg

This is a nice cloud surfing video!

51703227927_9d90ec67e0_b.jpgMicrosoft by Victor Roos, on Flickr

Edited by Victoroos
  • Like 4

Victor Roos

13 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

Sure sir!

Microsoft by Victor Roos, on Flickr

Really nice. You are on HDR, Victor ?

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 hours ago, harrry said:

There was one reason I have been doing most of my flying on MSFS recently, scenery.   There is now no reason to fly here as that is gone.  They must have a rather foolish contract of exclusivity with their so called weather provider as they are certainly taking a lot of much deserved flack and loss of customers through this.

"Oh my God, the thing doesn't even look like a human!", he said as the sonogram tech pointed out the rough outline of the eight week old fetus.  "I used to be excited that we were having a new born child, but there is no way I want this thing now I don't see how it can possibly be able to talk, or walk, or go to school or anything!  I think if this is what we are going to call our children we might as well terminate it right now!"  The sonogram tech tried to reassure him that this is normal for a new creation growing steadily in its mother's womb,  just a little over 15% of the full development to come, but he persisted, "Surely no one will have children this is rediculous I mean come on!"

On another guerney nearby, the new parents were awestruck at the evolving fetus inside the new mom.  "Amazing," the father exclaimed, "only eight weeks old and already I can see the upper lip is forming, and there's the sweet suggestion of a button nose. Tiny eyelids cover tiny eyes, and fingers and toes are developing!  I can see everything is progressing nicely I look forward to the coming months!  We're truly blessed!"

The End

• Like 1

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

On my flight yesterday, on my XBox S,  the cloud layout was nice and I enjoyed the flight overall.  I had grainy clouds that were the most noticeable that Ive ever seen but I was flying at a higher altitude than I usually do.

The odd thing --  I took off and there wasn't a strong wind and I flew for quite a while and I decided to stop in for some fuel and I expected the winds to be similar to both takeoff and landing airports but instead there was a strong north wind and my Pipistrel Virus didnt react to that wind until I touched down.  I should've believed the windsock.

I got fuel, too okk towrad the north and then landed 40 miles north towards the southeast with little to no wind again at Meritt Island - one of my favorite little airports.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

18 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Really nice. You are on HDR, Victor ?

Nope, plain monitor 😉

• Like 1

Victor Roos