Sign in to follow this  
ClaytonYosten

LatinVFR Sale 40% until 03 Dec

Thanks for posting Clayton.

I have some P3D airports already from LVFR (KMIA, SCEL, KFLL & LEMD)  however I would like to know what sceneries you would rate in your top 3 purchases and why?

Perhaps there is a scenery I missed that should be a consideration during the sale.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

16 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

Thanks for posting Clayton.

I have some P3D airports already from LVFR (KMIA, SCEL, KFLL & LEMD)  however I would like to know what sceneries you would rate in your top 3 purchases and why?

Perhaps there is a scenery I missed that should be a consideration during the sale.

To preface, I haven't flown P3D in awhile but I did previously and had a few LatinVFR airports. My favorites were KSAN, KMIA, and SCEL but most of their products are outstanding and I would happily buy most of them. I currently have KFLL, KMSY, KMIA, KSAN for MSFS and love them all as the level of detail and the frame friendliness are top notch! I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed by adding San Diego (KSAN), San Juan (TJSJ) or New Orleans (KMSY) to your P3D collection.

spacer.png

On 11/25/2021 at 1:36 PM, ClaytonYosten said:

To preface, I haven't flown P3D in awhile but I did previously and had a few LatinVFR airports. My favorites were KSAN, KMIA, and SCEL but most of their products are outstanding and I would happily buy most of them. I currently have KFLL, KMSY, KMIA, KSAN for MSFS and love them all as the level of detail and the frame friendliness are top notch! I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed by adding San Diego (KSAN), San Juan (TJSJ) or New Orleans (KMSY) to your P3D collection.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I decided to pick up KMSY and look forward to flying in their soon.

Cheers

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hello!

I bought QW 787 yesterday and thought about flying it to Florida, as it is really cold here in Finland. Which scenery would you recommend from Latin VFR? 

Would you recommend Orbx TE Florida with it or just NA? 

Thank you! 

Best,

Theo

One of my favourites by LatinVFR - and even one of my favourites in the whole P3d world is Fort Lauderdate - perfect size for good performance and a variety of "missions" that can be done from here: airline hub with interesting destinations (Spirit, Southwest), long haul (BA, for example), but also Biz Jets and GA, and yet not as crowded as Miami (which isn't bad either) - and at last, the sloping runways which supports AI traffic. I love it!!

KMIA would also be very nice, but it has a strange texture flickering issue at my system that couldn't be solved so far. I also loved KEYW (old version), and v2 certainly isn't worse.

About TE Florida... well it depends on what your preferences are: In P3d it looks awsome, no doubt, but not better than MSFS imo. But it's tens on GBs of textures and you get very long loading times, even with good graphic cards. I loved TE GB just until I decided to switch all VFR traffic to MSFS in favour of a better performance in P3d. If you only want to fly airliners into and from KMIA and KFLL, I doubt it's worth to install the whole state of Florida just because of a small part of the coastline in the Southeast that you see a few minutes. But if you enjoy the views outside the windows in CRZ flight and fly to other locations within Florida, I would recommend it (based on my experience with TE GB and the local airports and airfields). Remember that LatinVFR airports fortunately come with a pretty large area of scenery covered around the airports. Me personally, I'm happy enough with that for a nice approach experience out of an airliner. But it might differ from person to person. Also remember that TE regions only cover the summer season (which might be negligable in the case of Florida).

In general, all the newer sceneries are pretty good and have a lot of atmosphere because of the large areas modeled around the airports. They make the scenery feel "colorful" and true. I can't say much about KSAN, because for this place, ORBX just won the battle for me.

The Spanish ones (LEMD and LEBL) look very hot, too. I certainly would pick them up now, if I already had older sceneries of them. Don't fly there very often, thus I don't want to invest money again here. But LVFR looks a lot better here on the screenshots than for example Aerosoft and JustSim.

As if I hadn't got enough sceneries, I'm thinking to get Bermuda, and maybe Baltimore ...not sure yet, if I'm really gonna fly there enough to justify a purchase.

Regards, Dominik

9 hours ago, VitaminA330 said:

One of my favourites by LatinVFR - and even one of my favourites in the whole P3d world is Fort Lauderdate - perfect size for good performance and a variety of "missions" that can be done from here: airline hub with interesting destinations (Spirit, Southwest), long haul (BA, for example), but also Biz Jets and GA, and yet not as crowded as Miami (which isn't bad either) - and at last, the sloping runways which supports AI traffic. I love it!!

KMIA would also be very nice, but it has a strange texture flickering issue at my system that couldn't be solved so far. I also loved KEYW (old version), and v2 certainly isn't worse.

About TE Florida... well it depends on what your preferences are: In P3d it looks awsome, no doubt, but not better than MSFS imo. But it's tens on GBs of textures and you get very long loading times, even with good graphic cards. I loved TE GB just until I decided to switch all VFR traffic to MSFS in favour of a better performance in P3d. If you only want to fly airliners into and from KMIA and KFLL, I doubt it's worth to install the whole state of Florida just because of a small part of the coastline in the Southeast that you see a few minutes. But if you enjoy the views outside the windows in CRZ flight and fly to other locations within Florida, I would recommend it (based on my experience with TE GB and the local airports and airfields). Remember that LatinVFR airports fortunately come with a pretty large area of scenery covered around the airports. Me personally, I'm happy enough with that for a nice approach experience out of an airliner. But it might differ from person to person. Also remember that TE regions only cover the summer season (which might be negligable in the case of Florida).

In general, all the newer sceneries are pretty good and have a lot of atmosphere because of the large areas modeled around the airports. They make the scenery feel "colorful" and true. I can't say much about KSAN, because for this place, ORBX just won the battle for me.

The Spanish ones (LEMD and LEBL) look very hot, too. I certainly would pick them up now, if I already had older sceneries of them. Don't fly there very often, thus I don't want to invest money again here. But LVFR looks a lot better here on the screenshots than for example Aerosoft and JustSim.

As if I hadn't got enough sceneries, I'm thinking to get Bermuda, and maybe Baltimore ...not sure yet, if I'm really gonna fly there enough to justify a purchase.

Thank you! Then I might get TE too 😉

I got Bermuda last night. However, I have to say that the photoscenery is a bit dated, and I have seen a couple of freeware sceneries that are atleast on par with Bermuda v2. And I'm on P3D, so I can't speak for MSFS.

Thank you!