Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Deleted by O.P.

Deleted by O.P.   I felt I might be raining on other's parades...over 3rP purchase content...and decided to delete my thoughts on how MSFS has changed my own personal 3rdP buying habits.  

Happy Black Friday, folks!  Enjoy the savings...

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

I definitely buy fewer airports and the smaller GA airports tend to bear the brunt of that because the default airports are good enough for me in most cases as opposed to P3D.

Having said that I did still pick up a few things yesterday in the Black Friday sales.

I also don’t feel the need to buy all of the base sim modifications that I needed to in P3D.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

9 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I definitely buy fewer airports and the smaller GA airports tend to bear the brunt of that because the default airports are good enough for me in most cases as opposed to P3D.

Having said that I did still pick up a few things yesterday in the Black Friday sales.

I also don’t feel the need to buy all of the base sim modifications that I needed to in P3D.

I thought that nobody commented to date, so just O.P. deleted my thoughts...sorry for that....but I didn't want to seem a 'bummer' to those that are buying up sale items.   So...again sorry for thread content deletion,  and yes, I have certainly changed in what my buying habits from the past were  in P3D/XP11,  and will say that (as was in my O.P. posting...)  that the flight path in-between airports is what really drives me now, for enjoyment, rather than the focus on departing and destination airports.   Just wanted to state so people understood why you responded and to what. Thanks! Regis...  Enjoy your purchases..

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 2

With the quality of freeware airports at TO , I buy very few payware airports anymore . I did however pickup some very good deals on some payware airports in the Hawaiian Islands that were on sale at the Marketplace . I usually save my money instead for AC purchases .

• Like 2

Just now, johnbow72 said:

With the quality of freeware airports at TO , I buy very few payware airports anymore . I did however pickup some very good deals on some payware airports in the Hawaiian Islands that were on sale at the Marketplace . I usually save my money instead for AC purchases .

Wow, I must have deleted my post, with no updates to the screen.   Sorry for deleting my thoughts...but as I stated to Regis...didn't want to come across this morning as a 'downer'....so deleted it,  I do of course buy 3rP content...but I guess could just say, since MSFS came on the scene, not at the rate I had with populating P3D/XP11.    I now so enjoy the 'what's to see' between the number leaving, and the numbers landing.  So much so...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Wow, I must have deleted my post, with no updates to the screen.   Sorry for deleting my thoughts...but as I stated to Regis...didn't want to come across this morning as a 'downer'....so deleted it,  I do of course buy 3rP content...but I guess could just say, since MSFS came on the scene, not at the rate I had with populating P3D/XP11.    I now so enjoy the 'what's to see' between the number leaving, and the numbers landing.  So much so...

I did not take at all your comment as being a downer , I totally agree with everything you said . 
Cheers

John

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, johnbow72 said:

I did not take at all your comment as being a downer , I totally agree with everything you said . 
Cheers

John

Thank you John, and I was innocently just expressing my thoughts as to why I did not respond gung-ho  this morning when coming onto the computer,  as I have in past years, prior to MSFS.   Also in retrospect, with reading my post again...to seem to throw cold water on anybody's  buying excitement.   So...I came back and did a snip snip...   Now..to soon head out in the Cessna 172 Amphibian classic and take my mug of coffee to some great northern lake in Ontario...sip, and watch the sights and sounds with the prop not spinning! 🙂

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Upvote 1

I buy fewer airports now, because the default airports are usually enough for me. But I do buy them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

I never bought alot of airports in FSX or P3D. and now with the nice default airports in MSFS, I only bought one, Key West. I fly to different airports every day, and it doesn't make sense for me to buy an airport that I probably would only fly to a couple of times  at most. MSFS is saving me a ton of money. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

the flight path in-between airports is what really drives me now, for enjoyment, rather than the focus on departing and destination airports.

Yes this is pretty much exactly my thoughts

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

22 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Yes this is pretty much exactly my thoughts

I agree. When I am at the airport I am usually getting ready to do a flight, then taxi out, takeoff, fly, land , and taxi to gate. I spend maybe a minute or two actually looking around. For that, the default airports are enough. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I never bought alot of airports in FSX or P3D. and now with the nice default airports in MSFS, I only bought one, Key West. I fly to different airports every day, and it doesn't make sense for me to buy an airport that I probably would only fly to a couple of times  at most. MSFS is saving me a ton of money. 

Bob that's my feeling now too.  I have probably used an MSFS purchased airport three or four times to depart from or arrive at...and then quite frankly merely lose interest after a few lift off's and arrivals..  You move around the property, You see it,  You move on.  I've changed my patterns with MSFS for sure...I mean the whole world now is virtual reality....and the default to take off from and land at, are dang good as well.   Add any creative talent and 'kisses' to them by the contributors of flight.to, and what more do I really need?  Not so much...personally speaking/typing of course....  MSFS is that good...in ALL departments now...

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

What base sim modifications to MSFS are there?  I don't really know of any other than maybe the Bijan seasons stuff.

Maybe REX WeatherForce or something like that, but even it isn't really a mod, it's more of a "change" in the style of weather.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

47 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I agree. When I am at the airport I am usually getting ready to do a flight, then taxi out, takeoff, fly, land , and taxi to gate. I spend maybe a minute or two actually looking around. For that, the default airports are enough. 

Yep...exactly my feelings now....

3 hours ago, Mace said:

What base sim modifications to MSFS are there?  I don't really know of any other than maybe the Bijan seasons stuff.

Maybe REX WeatherForce or something like that, but even it isn't really a mod, it's more of a "change" in the style of weather.

https://rexsimulations.com/airporttextures.html

Plus another vendor has one at Sim Market also .