Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

The haze is out of control

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am avoiding flying in the US because of the haze. I was in Brazil again this morning, no haze at all. 

I just had the Haze over Northern Africa so it's not specific to the North US (USA) as I was originally led to believe.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Yes the haze seems to be in other areas as well, such as Asia, Australia, New Zealand. The effect is beautifully done, but I believe they need to dial it down a bit. It reminds me of the lightnings we were constantly seeing everywhere.

• Like 4

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

19 hours ago, Dillon said:

It's time you get REX Weather Force to always have a second option for weather. 

I stand corrected on this one.  Do to still limited info with the SDK REX is not a good alternative option (or any third-party weather engine for that matter at this point).  Where the default engine (when it's working before SU7) had smooth transitions that you fly along REX has pop in weather as you fly along like early FS9 third party weather engines which destroys emersion.  You don't see a weather system in the distance and fly into it, it pops in around you out of nowhere like the Bermuda Triangle. Total waste of money, sorry I recommended it.  We are stuck with this broken weather system until Asobo releases either a hotfix or the month and a half long wait until January 2022.   

• Like 5

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Man I started up one of my regular flights out of KSBA but ended up shutting the plane down on the ramp and walking away due to all the smog and pollution.  Cough cough, hack!!!!  They need to post an air quality alert on the "Start Fight" menu.

I bet if y'all would limit yourselves to flying only that Velocity electrical rotorcraft thingy for the next month or two, and leave the combustion engines shut off, this smog would clear up some and then we could enjoy seeing the runway during final approach.  Howsaboutit?

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

20 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

Next time, maybe just don’t comment. This reply was just a waste of space. 

I think it's completely ludicrous to think Asobo wasn't aware of the change they made, hence the comment. 

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Well Ive now purchased every airport VerticalSim has to offer I think and I can tell you that the haze problem does not seem to exist at all in Florida that I can see.  Just landed at Peter O Knight -- quick flight in from Sarasota...looks good to me. ymmv.

• Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

For those not experiencing the issue with haze, hopefully this demonstrates the issue:

Real weather today (real world):

spacer.png

Sim with live weather:

spacer.png

• Like 5

Chris

1 minute ago, snglecoil said:

For those not experiencing the issue with haze, hopefully this demonstrates the issue:

Real weather today (real world):

spacer.png

Sim with live weather:

spacer.png

......and that is a mild case.  KDFW yesterday was super, super clear but in sim it looked like Delhi - I could barely see a quarter mile down.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

It would be great if somebody with required skills programmed a mod that would intercept METAR and strip them of all information which presently destroys the visual realism in MSFS. For example visibility could be set to 50SM, clouds could be totally removed, etc. If all METAR were just empty then we would have the beautiful consistent weather back again.  

yea the haze is ridiculous, pretty much anywhere there it is. I flew IRL cessna 152/172 and yes there is haze during the day especially in the summer but not always. Asobo needs to tweek this but it wont be till jan/feb I guess thats the next update according to that twitch stream. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

23 minutes ago, wiler said:

yea the haze is ridiculous, pretty much anywhere there it is. I flew IRL cessna 152/172 and yes there is haze during the day especially in the summer but not always. Asobo needs to tweek this but it wont be till jan/feb I guess thats the next update according to that twitch stream. 

There is a chance of an update or 'hotfix' before then. 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

There is a chance of an update or 'hotfix' before then. 

that would be nice. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

17 hours ago, Noel said:

I think it's completely ludicrous to think Asobo wasn't aware of the change they made, hence the comment. 

Same with Trir Noel :sad:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

17 hours ago, Noel said:

lol, Noel, by now you should know quite  a few gamers are incapable of handling humour, haha