Sign in to follow this  
sudqui

Trackir doesn´t work

Hi. after last update the track ir doesn´t work.

Anyone can help me?

Regards.

There's a few threads about it.  Turn it on before starting the sim like normal.  When in the sim, if you move the camera out of bounds it will lose connection.  Open the Cameras icon on the floating menu while in sim.  Re-enable TIR and it will start working again.  You can also bind a key to enable it.  Someone also made a mod at flightsim.to that runs to automatically re-enable it as well..

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

42 minutes ago, sudqui said:

Hi. after last update the track ir doesn´t work.

Anyone can help me?

Regards.

Workaround: Go to Control settings, Keyboard, and search for Head Tracking. Select a button to turn tracking on or off (for example F10), and use that to turn on and off head tracking instead of the TrackIR default F9.

The issue is that MSFS turns head tracking off when you click F9 (to pause tracking), but it doesn't turn it on again so you need a new key bind. You can find the same button in the Camera drop down menu. 

Another issue is that the view will revert to center when you toggle tracking on or off, but there's no workaround for it yet. 

If you don't like changing key bindings, you could have a look at this mod:

https://flightsim.to/file/23886/autotrackir

• Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

They broke it with this update and hoping they will fix it with a hotfix. Hopefully they address a bunch of other weird things introduced with SU7. 

• Like 3

Another TIR thread? Doesn't anybody read the $%^$£** forums?

• Like 3

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

On 11/25/2021 at 8:43 PM, ryanbatcund said:

There's a few threads about it.  Turn it on before starting the sim like normal.  When in the sim, if you move the camera out of bounds it will lose connection.  Open the Cameras icon on the floating menu while in sim.  Re-enable TIR and it will start working again.  You can also bind a key to enable it.  Someone also made a mod at flightsim.to that runs to automatically re-enable it as well..

Hi. Thanks, it works but as you said, I have to open again the camera window to re enabled.

On 11/25/2021 at 8:54 PM, Republic3D said:

Workaround: Go to Control settings, Keyboard, and search for Head Tracking. Select a button to turn tracking on or off (for example F10), and use that to turn on and off head tracking instead of the TrackIR default F9.

The issue is that MSFS turns head tracking off when you click F9 (to pause tracking), but it doesn't turn it on again so you need a new key bind. You can find the same button in the Camera drop down menu. 

Another issue is that the view will revert to center when you toggle tracking on or off, but there's no workaround for it yet. 

If you don't like changing key bindings, you could have a look at this mod:

https://flightsim.to/file/23886/autotrackir

Hi, I´m going to download the software to see if it works, thanks,

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sudqui said:

Hi. Thanks, it works but as you said, I have to open again the camera window to re enabled.

You can bind a key to enable TIR eliminating the need to open the window.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 hours ago, sudqui said:

Hi, I´m going to download the software to see if it works, thanks,

Looks like the mod was removed due to Windows false flagging it as a trojan. The person who made it is repacking the software in a new executable (exe) and should fix the issue. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

13 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Looks like the mod was removed due to Windows false flagging it as a trojan. The person who made it is repacking the software in a new executable (exe) and should fix the issue. 

That original TrackIR fix file from Fightsim.to was moved to here:  https://github.com/toorop/AutoTrackIR/releases 

Al

• Like 1

Just now, ark said:

That original TrackIR fix file from Fightsim.to was moved to here:  https://github.com/toorop/AutoTrackIR/releases 

Al

Thank you for that info. Very good!

I've been using the autotrackIR exe for the last couple of days and it's completely eliminated the frustration of MSFS disabling TrackIR. I've monitored it's resource use in taskman and find it uses no CPU time until it's triggered, and then only tenths of a percent. Another benefit is that I can again pause TrackIR tracking and not have to worry about MSFS disabling it, as the exe just re-enables it even before I unpause.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

4 minutes ago, somiller said:

I've been using the autotrackIR exe for the last couple of days and it's completely eliminated the frustration of MSFS disabling TrackIR. I've monitored it's resource use in taskman and find it uses no CPU time until it's triggered, and then only tenths of a percent. Another benefit is that I can again pause TrackIR tracking and not have to worry about MSFS disabling it, as the exe just re-enables it even before I unpause.

That's good to know.

But the view still gets centered if you pause it right? Because that's one thing that really irks me. I want to be able to look at my instruments, radio stack or similar.. and then pause to adjust something and then unpause and continue.

Edited by Republic3D
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1