Sign in to follow this  
Noel

All 'Assistance Options' set to EASY...

This is the 3rd time this has happened for me since SU7 for me.  I assume this is probably related to the MSFS servers in some way just checking if others are seeing this or not.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Some have said it does this when you open the Content Manager.

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

Some have said it does this when you buy something from the marketplace or open the marketplace.

Could be so indeed. I updated NXI and noticed it.

• Like 2

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Yep happened to me too today.

I haven't bought anything or made any changes since the last time I loaded the sim.

But I got this message when I started MSFS, I've never seen it before. But maybe it had something to do with it. 

Nothing happened when I clicked Try Again, so I clicked X and closed the message, and when the sim loaded I was logged in. 

AJkcUQc.jpg

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Nope, a marketplace visit causes it for me.

Updated the NXi and Bam! all Assistance settings were set to easy.

Worse than that... the landing rudder assist seems to stick, so you have to turn it off several times before your rudders work again.

Have posted a Zendesk ticket.

Bert

Also opening content manager can cause this problem. Quite frustrating

• Like 3

Thanks good to know it's nothing local.

The first and second time this happened I laboriously went thru all of those settings in detail, then finally learned the fast way is to go to True to Life then just make a few minor edits per my preferences.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Same here, just updated NXi and everything reset to Easy when I loaded in the sim....hmmm

• Like 2

Thomas Derbyshire

7 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Same here, just updated NXi and everything reset to Easy when I loaded in the sim....hmmm

And there is another hotfix coming for the NXi so you will get to do it all over again.. 🙂

Bert

It takes about 30 seconds, so lets not make a drama out of it.

• Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

7 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

I would suggest that resetting everything to my liking takes longer than that, and there appear to be some lingering aftereffects... so drama: no,  annoying as hell, yes.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 8

Bert

1 hour ago, hansb57 said:

For those who try to developp in MSFS Scenery Editor, the ASSISTANCE is set to EASY after each BUILD ALL. As if they were not enough window around, you'll get this annoying pop-up. It's a dram when you compilte scenery and have, at each time, get back to assistance and re-re-re-reset to TRUE-TO-LIFE 😉

c8c7jxy.png

• Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

3 hours ago, hansb57 said:

Then why do you do so?

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Developer mode can cause it as well apparently. 

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

FYI

I set the following OFF which fixed a problem I had with the rudder automatically returning to the neutral position and the throttle seemingly having a mind of its own

PILOTING    Auto Rudder,  Assisted Takeoff, Assisted Landing.

Why did Asobo reset all the settings, and not leave them to what the user had them set to,  with SU7?

Also

After loosing 'history' (of airports previously selected) when planning a flight, then 'gaining' wake effects for floatplanes mid year the latest update (SU7) regains the previously lost 'history' but lost wake effects.

Honestly will they ever release an update without stuffing something up? Maybe a stricter testing phase might be appreciated.

• Like 1

John

Gigabyte Z390, I7 9700K, 16Gb, RTX2060, Gigabyte 32" monitor