Sign in to follow this  
Noel

All 'Assistance Options' set to EASY...

1 minute ago, Jarnie said:

Honestly will they ever release an update without stuffing something up?

probably not. Why break the habit of a lif... 2 almost years? 😉

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, Jarnie said:

Maybe a stricter testing phase might be appreciated.

Seeing a start would be good would it not?  Quality control is the key!

The best line in this video is "I think we are fighting a losing game....."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnbNcQlzV-4&ab_channel=GregWells

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

According to a couple testers, this issue was not in the Beta. So don't blame them. Something changed between the beta build and release build.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Republic3D said:

Yep happened to me too today.

I haven't bought anything or made any changes since the last time I loaded the sim.

But I got this message when I started MSFS, I've never seen it before. But maybe it had something to do with it. 

Nothing happened when I clicked Try Again, so I clicked X and closed the message, and when the sim loaded I was logged in. 

AJkcUQc.jpg

This has happened to me 3 times now, and each time it resets everything. 

• Like 1

I've had the sync issue a few times now but each time, when I hit try again it always works. The assistance settings remain.

Edited by Donka
  • Like 2

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

49 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I've seen this the last 3 to 4 days on every start, but nothing has been reset ??? I just click "Try again" and then it syncs - the plot thickens 😉

EDIT: Basically the same as @Donka above.

Edited by SierraDelta
  • Like 3

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

the plot thickens 😉

And will just get thicker, as no dev update for another week...

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Yep I get that now, just keep hiting "Try again" and it works!!!!!

Or just stick these "Ricardo's" on and everything is perfect. Ian.😉

de86937cd33fb8a9740ef205a971eea7.gif

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

16 hours ago, hansb57 said:

It takes about 30 seconds, so lets not make a drama out of it.

It is just a PIA, that's all. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

19 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I would suggest that resetting everything to my liking takes longer than that

Don't recall where the Try Again happens but if you go to the spot to change from all EASY to all True-to-Life you may only have a couple of settings to have to change, at least that's what happens for me.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

19 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I would suggest that resetting everything to my liking takes longer than that

Don't recall where the Try Again happens but if you go to the spot in Assistance to change from all EASY to all True-to-Life you may only have a couple of settings to have to change, at least that's what happens for me.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

13 hours ago, Jarnie said:

Why did Asobo reset all the settings, and not leave them to what the user had them set to,  with SU7?

I have to assume it was an oversight, and unintended consequence of something else done in SU7.  Despite the fact I am Asobo's biggest fan it is perplexing something like this is not picked up during testing it's such a blatant oversight.

Noel

20 minutes ago, Noel said:

Don't recall where the Try Again happens but if you go to the spot to change from all EASY to all True-to-Life you may only have a couple of settings to have to change, at least that's what happens for me.

I had to change every one. When you turn easy off, each setting is still on easy, you have to turn them off one at a time. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

17 minutes ago, Noel said:

I have to assume it was an oversight, and unintended consequence of something else done in SU7.  Despite the fact I am Asobo's biggest fan it is perplexing something like this is not picked up during testing it's such a blatant oversight.

The testers were probably put on "ignore". 

just use the 'True To Life' preset until they fix it.  Thats the easiest and least annoying solution.

I do enjoy having the co pilot handle ATC though. but sometimes the co pilot just disappears.

Edited by sightseer
  • Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.