Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

CaptainSim 767

Since the 767 is on sale for only $60, can anyone recommend this plane? I know there is a lot of negativity toward Captain Sim, and I do have several of their products. Just looking for an honest opinion.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I bought the CS767 fully expecting them to develop the freighter expansion (as they committed to do at the time).

The base 767-III is actually decent...nice PBR and external features. It flies different than their B757...much more like a "heavy" by feel. Overall, it's a decent plane.

They never did anymore work on the FMC over their B757...still no import of winds aloft.

CS has announced P3D development is over for them. They've moved on the MSFS. WYSIWYG.

Their half effort on the freighter expansion that they developed is a joke (I didn't buy it). No main cargo door, no freight loading capability and no proper GE sound set.

If you're looking for a decent long haul PAX wide body, it's OK.

If you're looking to do cargo flights...I cannot recommend.

• Like 1

After everything that CS has done this year the only way I would give them money is if they had a $9 sale like in the past. $60 for an unfinished product that is going nowhere is too much. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

If you have CS757, CS767 is bacislly same systemwise (did have some realworld difference, but FMC/AP/EFIS almost same with same bug), visual is good with PBR, and FPS around the same.

One nasty bug on the newest update is the EGT is somehow linked to ENG1, so if you start ENG2 first, you'll see no EGT rise, if you start ENG1 first, you'll see ENG2 overheat.....and CS have no intention to hotfix this after half a year.....

I'd say for a customer, if you want get what it is, it worth some money and could be enjoyed, still I think 60 is a bit overpriced...

And still.... personally I don't want spend any penny on CS now.

• Like 2

Stay away from CS, Their 757 and 767 still have several bugs and it looks like they are never going back to correct them - an unfinished product - in true CS tradition!

• Like 1

I brought it when it came out because I was desperate for a 767. It gets you from A to B, a bit like the Aerosoft A330, but honestly the Level-D 767 from years ago is still better than this. FPS & VRAM usage are bad as well compared to the other high level aircraft addons.

Spend your money elsewhere. There is plenty of good scenery on sale.

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

11 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Just looking for an honest opinion.

It depends what you expect. I never noticed the above mentioned bugs. I estimate the CS767 because I can fly it with little preparation time like all of the CS planes. The price is fair at the moment.

I also got the "unfinished" freighter. Most people get in rage about the missing cargo door. 

I think, it is a flightsim, not a ground operations sim. GSX, which would take part in this ground ops sim is worse I think, with the vehicles doing crazy turns and driving into each other. So we have plenty of things that arent perfect in a not so perfect world of P3D5.

Dan

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

This is the problem I have with CS products. 

Their 767 is the only one currently available for P3Dv5, so I am always tempted. I don't have it and cannot believe that a product that costs in the high two figures doesn't have something like wind-import which is pretty much standard across the industry for widebodies these days. 

I keep hearing about how buggy it is and how it's unfinished. And now CS has moved away from the unfinished product it sold and moved on to it's new cash-cow MSFS. It infuriates me. 

AND YET, every few months I am tempted to purchase it. So far, I have resisted. 

• Like 1

I've been tempted to get the 737-300.  But no pbr.  meh

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Thanks guys, all good points. My concern is that I’ll buy at what seems fair right now, but then in a month it will be on sale for $9.99. It is rather tempting because I don’t generally use the advanced features on my tube liners. I just set up the FMC and roll. I Got today to think about it.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Right now they're offering a measly 25% off.  No thanks.

If they do a $9.99 sale then I'll buy it.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I bought it last winter because it was the only 767 available for V5. Mediocre at best. I suggest the PMDG 777 instead or if you already own it just fly it. PMDG just announced a sale on their web site by the way.

Edited by Patco Lch

Vic green

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

I've been tempted to get the 737-300.  But no pbr.  meh

Didn´t notice it has no pbr 😉. It was a terrible hurricane however. I had fun that matters.

uZJOyah.jpg

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Do you like the plane?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I'm glad someone started this topic. I am on the fence about getting it too. I'm moving over to the 767 next month, and wanted to use this plane to start studying with. How are the system? I haven't found many good videos on it. If it's trash, I'll just use the FF 767, but I really don't want to reinstall X Plane again.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot