Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Driverless Plug and Go. Grass Monkey Simulations "The Puck"

12:55 "Currently the puck is listed as out of stock on their website"...

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Since this YT video was posted today, perhaps this GrassMonkey Puck system works well with MSFS after the recent GOTY update, unlike it seems the problems with TrackIR widely reported?

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

yep - been using the grassmonkey stuff since fs2020 was released - got rid of the puck & got a powered one from some mob in the UK who builds it for disabled people - lightweight stainless steel - works really well & doesn't run out of battery!!

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor

1 hour ago, Rattso said:

yep - been using the grassmonkey stuff since fs2020 was released - got rid of the puck & got a powered one from some mob in the UK who builds it for disabled people - lightweight stainless steel - works really well & doesn't run out of battery!!

Is that the guy who makes the ones from the single bit of stainless steel that you fold into shape yourself? Mostly operates on eBay?

If they are as good as you say, I may look to replace my TrackIR trackclip. 

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

1 hour ago, Rudiii said:

Is that the guy who makes the ones from the single bit of stainless steel that you fold into shape yourself? Mostly operates on eBay?

If they are as good as you say, I may look to replace my TrackIR trackclip. 

Hi

Do you happen have a link for above?

Thanks

Al

1 hour ago, algy10 said:

Hi

Do you happen have a link for above?

Thanks

Al

https://delanengineering.com/

Here you go.

Cheers

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

For what it's worth the GrassMonkey Puck is back in stock on Ebay and his website. They just went back in stock today. Had been sold out due to popular demand. $80. Transmitter LED takes 1 AA battery. Wireless.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164083289569