Sign in to follow this  
philippecmartin

Cannot get Grammar Help to work

Hello,

I am installing on a new system and cannot get Grammar Help to work: in "practicing" mode, nothing happens and replay does not trigger any sound.

I went through the forum to find solutions, including re-installing drivers, go through windows speech recognition, testing incoming sounds from x-plane, ... all went well.

Thankfully I still tried to talk to P2ATC through x-plane, and it worked!

As English is not my main language, I still would like to use the Grammar Help to improve recognition.

Can someone advise as to what could make my mic. not be recognized by the Grammar Help while it is recognized by P2ATC through the simulator?

Note that my PC is still not updated to Windows 11.

Regards,

Philippe

Philippe,

Since it sounds like your voice is being recognized when talking to P2A while connected to X-Plane, your sound settings must be OK.

Be sure you are using the Large PTT button on the screen and not your assigned joystick PTT button or Hot Key.  These physical PTTs are not functional in Grammar Helper to remove them as possible problems when trouble-shooting.

For practice, and to train Windows to understand your pronunciation of the phrases, you should try taking the Windows Speech Training for P2A.  It can be accessed by pressing the Train button on the bottom right area of Grammar Helper.  A new window will pop up and you can do the training for each of the controllers listed in the left hand area of this new window.  It will help recognition, even for native english speakers.

Dave