Sign in to follow this  
p3dnerd

Elevation conflict FSXcenery Boise KBOI airport and Orbx CRM

I recently purchased FSXcenery's add-on airport scenery for Boise / KBOI.  I also have Orbx global, vector, and central rocky mountain regions installed. There is an elevation conflict however that shows up by the airport being on a plateau and the grass areas between runways and taxiways are sunken down.  This issue was posted on the Orbx forum by another user who reported that he got replacement AFCAD file(s) from another Orbx forum member which solved the problem.  I've tried to DM both members trying to get the corrected AFCAD file(s) but haven't gotten any response.

Does anyone have or know where I can obtain "corrected" AFCAD files for the FSXcenery's KBOI airport scenery?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

BTW....I have already turned off any potentially conflicting ORBX KBOI related bgl files, but that didn't fix the problem.

A search engine search  for Orbx Airport Terrain Fix would have turned up this for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9dSXjqw7iY&ab_channel=FlightSimProductions

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Unfortunately, using the Orbx Vector configuration tool manually did not fix the issue with FSXcenery's KBOI airport add-on.

Still looking for revised / updated AFCAD file(s) that might correct the issue that I'm having.

Thanks for any assistance.

I've got several of the FSXcenery sceneries.  The author usually includes the .ad4 source file used to compile the ADE file for the airport.  To solve elevation mismatch issues I use ADE to open the ad4 file and change the airport elevation to match the elevation in the ADE file for the airport included in the Orbx scenery region (you also need the ProKey installed to do this), and then change the elevation of the airport flatten to match the new airfield elevation.  Then recompile and replace the ADE, CVX, and GP bgl files with the new ones.  I've had to do this to get them to line up with the updated elevations in P3Dv5.

One note, though--at least in the KCOS scenery, he did not make any attempt to slope the edges of the airport terrain ground polys, making for some really awful cliffs and plateau edges along the airport boundary.  I would expect that to be the case in any of his airports located on significantly uneven terrain.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Thanks for all of this terrific information.  I've never tried to do something this complex, but I'll give it at try and will let you know how it turns out.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond with these detailed instructions.

To follow up on my original post....I've tried for months to no avail to get the author of the FSXcenery KBOI airport scenery to send me the ad4 source file used to compile the ADE file for the airport.  Does anyone know how I might  obtain this file?