Sign in to follow this  
fjr_nate

Venting

I've purchased every version of this sim since the Commodore 64 days. I have a memory before that of playing flight sim on my brothers Apple II computer with wire frame graphics and amber monitor.?? I used to have the time to work out the bugs, download countless files, scour the forums, make my own planes and panels etc., but I don't have that same time anymore and it would be nice if I could just log in and complete a flight. I put this sim on hold for a bit because I was getting the annoying CTD's. Now I try again to just complete one friggin flight and the world map doesn't pan, it no longer recognizes my mouse, when I try taxiing the planes pull hard to the left and right (depending on the plane) and apparently I have to reconfigure most of my settings. I really want to enjoy this version because it looks amazing, but I just can't bring myself to constantly deal with all this. I'm sure I could do some research and get things figured out, again, but it's really no longer worth it to me. Thanks for letting me vent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, fjr_nate said:

I've purchased every version of this sim since the Commodore 64 days. I have a memory before that of playing flight sim on my brothers Apple II computer with wire frame graphics and amber monitor.?? I used to have the time to work out the bugs, download countless files, scour the forums, make my own planes and panels etc., but I don't have that same time anymore and it would be nice if I could just log in and complete a flight. I put this sim on hold for a bit because I was getting the annoying CTD's. Now I try again to just complete one friggin flight and the world map doesn't pan, it no longer recognizes my mouse, when I try taxiing the planes pull hard to the left and right (depending on the plane) and apparently I have to reconfigure most of my settings. I really want to enjoy this version because it looks amazing, but I just can't bring myself to constantly deal with all this. I'm sure I could do some research and get things figured out, again, but it's really no longer worth it to me. Thanks for letting me vent.

Once  you  have  reset  your  mouse  to  default  again  you will find   the map  will pan  again,  this  has  been  mentioned  a few  times  in previous  threads  on  this  issue

• Like 4

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Known bug on the mouse , just reset to default mouse in controls .  As far as CTD’s goes I have only had two in 18 months ; hopefully you get things sorted out . 

• Like 1

I have exactly the opposite experience. I find MSFS just works with very little adjustment but a few caveats:

* The hardware is powerful enough and any overclocking is stable. 

* The OS and drivers are installed properly and up-to-date. 

* The OS isn't plagued with bloatware such as 3rd party anti-virus tools. 

* Regular housekeeping is done such as keeping apps up-to-date, removing apps you no longer use and running disk cleanup and system file checker. 

* Keep add-ons to a minimum based on what you need and remove addons you no longer use. 

Compared with the other simulators not allowed, this is a dream for me. Once the default ATC is improved, it will be even better. 

• Like 2

I too have had every version.  Let me explain one thing. MSFS2020 is not FSX or any other version,  Look at it as a totally new flight sim that is different and superior to all the previous ones.  I considered myself an advanced FSX simmer, but that has all changed with 2020.  I am an 85 year old newbie.  Things I was able to do with FSX don't even apply any more and that because this sim is more like the real thing.  After about six months of watching tons of YouTube videos and lots of help from people on this forum I am really being able to enjoy this sim.  I learn something new every day.

I started with the Cessna172 and now the Bonanza.  So the larger planes are yet to come.  So much to learn. One problem I encountered was that I didn't know if it was a bug in the program or something I was doing wrong.  In most cases it was something I didn't know how to do.

So hang in there and you will find, that the more you learn, the more you will enjoy and appreciate this sim.

Roy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fjr_nate said:

" I'm sure I could do some research and get things figured out, again, but it's really no longer worth it to me." This is the most important sentence. You probably need a break. While MSFS' updates are annoying, the "do research and get things figured out" is nothing compared to P3D, at least if you are into immersion and study level stuff. I had a 15-step-before-starting-P3D-sequence I went through every single time, in order to have everything I need (it was great, when it worked, though). Geez even the folder structure was a apocalyptic mess compared to MSFS single-community-folder approach.
Anyway I digress, I understand your feelings and as I said I think a solid break will do you good.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 3