Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

If you pass MS Windows Health check but settings say no

healthcheck app:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11

If you pass MS Windows Health check app, but then go to settings / Updates and Security, and it says no, your system is not qualified, then chances are your system does qualify if has passed the Windows Health Check app.

So here's what you can do.

Go here: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

This MS online site will also check your system just like the Health Check app did, and if it says your system meets requirements then you can proceed to update to windows 11 right there on  that site.

You have 10 days to roll back to Windows 10, after that it's Win 11 only on your system.

The above info came from my chat with Windows service reps on the Windows help page, just click on 'Get Help' icon on the Settings, Updates and Security page of Windows to chat with a Microsoft agent. Even during covid era the chat seems to always be quickly started.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

By the way, the reason I passed the health check app but did not pas the Windows Updates and Security page, was because I had Stardock Start 10 on my computer instead of upgrading to Start 11. It needed to be upgraded to Start 11 or uninstalled to allow MS to agree to install Windows 11.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I had not started to update windows 11 when I posted above, then I started the update to 11 and just now finished. MSFS runs about 10% better higher fps now and all programs seem to launch quicker and snappier. Maybe just because the OS is new. I use AMD processor as you can see. So far everything looks good in Win 11 !

When you say "....This MS online site will also check your system just like the Health Check app did,..." are you referring to the  Windows 11 Installation Assistant?

My laptop passes the MS Windows Health check app, but on settings / Updates and Security, and it says  that my laptop is not qualified.

Thanks!

Edmundo Azevedo