Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeffPreston

Copliot voice

Guest Vanel

I used to have a voice that would read out v1 speed and stuff like that. At least in the jets anyway. I no longer have it and was wondering how to get it back?

Guest fsxmissionguy

There has never been a "copilot" voice in Microsoft Flight simulator. In an earlier version, you probably had installed a third-party application that did that for you - and you've forgotten about that.

Guest Vanel

Not even one that calls out altitudes when you are about to land? If that's true then where can I get such a thing?

Guest idratherbeflying

>Not even one that calls out altitudes when you are about to>land? If that's true then where can I get such a thing?Not really. You'll hear a voice, for instance, in the default FSX Airbus yelling "Sink rate !" at some point, but that's about it.If you're looking for a cockpit environment, direct your mouse over there : www.fs2crew.com. Reviews are pretty good (although I don't personnaly have the product). There is also FSPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/) that creates a flight environment.The problem with these products is, as always, the limited FSX availability. Hope this helps, and happy flyin'Louie.

Guest jshyluk

You can also purchase a copy of Dave March's Flight Deck Companion Live Cockpit! (with the exclaimation mark), which is compatible with both FSX and Vista, the vast majority of add-on third party developed aircraft, as well as older sims and OS's. Please read my March 17 2007 AVSIM review of the product here, or search out Dave March's AVSIM forum, and ask him about the product for yourself:http://www.avsim.com/pages/0307/FDC/FDC.htmJeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

I had the same problem and then stumbled upon a great freebee from Project Magenta...http://www.projectmagenta.com/products/pmsounds.htmlYou have to load it prior to FSX and does require FSUIPC (not sure if it needs to be registered..mine is!)Make sure you also delete some of the "annoying" sounds like "SINKRATE" etc... I basically only use it to announce altitude calls and it also has a great speed brake wind sound!

Guest Vanel

>I had the same problem and then stumbled upon a great freebee>from Project Magenta...>>http://www.projectmagenta.com/products/pmsounds.html>>You have to load it prior to FSX and does require FSUIPC (not>sure if it needs to be registered..mine is!)>>Make sure you also delete some of the "annoying" sounds like>"SINKRATE" etc... I basically only use it to announce>altitude calls and it also has a great speed brake wind>sound!Wow thanks.... Seems like what I want exactly. I'll check it out.

Nice, I love this program. Excellent find!I did, however, pull the navionics sound clip out. It's unnecessary to have it looping all the time. I might do the same with the sink rate ones, because in the big planes it's already incorporated. Too bad sometime the noises overlap, such as having 3 windshear alarms going off at once :(

Guest JeffPreston

FSFlyingSchool works with any fixed wing powered aircraft in FS2002, FS2004 and FSX, and provides altitude calls, v1, vr, v2 etc plus analyzes all aspects of your flying technique with immediate voice feedback from your onboard instructor.Several of the other products mentioned in this thread do excellent jobs in their own areas too.Why not try out the respective demos and make your own choice?Hope this helps.