Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

What I do find really amazing within MSFS

Hi everyone!

Some of you might know me, some don´t. I´m normally very active at the P3D Forum and help users out with several kind of things. As a P3D Beta Tester I do also test a lot and have a little experience when "flying" around and setting up things.

BUT, as this is not the P3D thread, I would really like to share my latest experiences about MSFS.

Since 2 weeks I start using MSFS more then prior. P3D has some issues with VR and my kind of flying is usually VR. I have a pretty good RIG and prior these 2 weeks I couldn´t get used to MSFS.

This has changed!

I "forced" myself flying more and more with the FBWA320 and also have bought lots of addons lately to get some airports, mainly in Europe, enhanced.

And I must say MSFS has come far and done a lot to improve my experience. Surely there is a lot to do, and maybe complain about, but I would like to keep this thread positive and share the things which I really liked!

My latest flight was today from ESSB to EKVG. What a stunning flight. Sun is hanging low constantly which gave me beautiful soft colors within the cockpit and at the clouds. This is just stunning! The weather has changed significantly from cloudy departure to scattered weather. Some haze, not too much, and then short before landing at EKVG some heavy shaking due turbulences and crosswind landing with gusty winds at 26kts!  Due the mountains surrounding the airport this was indeed really challenging. As my path constantly changed when gabs in the terrain came along. And if that was not enough, the sun suddenly disappeared behind some thick clouds and it was darker as before. Good I have changed my display brightness before (tuned down), otherwise I could not read them anymore due the bloom! 

This are the kind of things I never have experienced before. And a lot of others too!

• Atmospherics, Colors, Clouds, Visuals, weather influences, rain, rainbows, scattering, cloud-shapes, turbulences
  • Sounds of wind at the planes and also outside do enhance the immersion so much. This is great and a simple but nice on top feature
  • Landing lights and strobes are influencing the fog and guide the light further as without fog or clouds. Looking left over my shoulder, outside the window towards my winglet, is great! And then, when fog comes up, my visuals reduce and the light is blinding me....like the real experience
  • Cities below OC condition do light up the clouds from below! Also this is great. And if the clouds have gabs, the plane gets some of this light too! Just wow.
  • Cockpit lights, display lights are lighting up the environment and other knobs/Buttons. This is so well done too. Having your displays set to bright at night does have negative influence at your view. You see less outside! Remember all in VR! So I have to work and reduce even those to make sure I am prepared well for landing. And above the clouds the light can be so strength, while 25 minutes later, below them, it´s really getting dark, especially with OC conditions!
  • The water! Those looks are perfect. The sun, moon and cloud reflections are perfectly done. Even the streetlights! What about the mask looking like "water flowing in some directions" is visual from very high altitudes. And at lower altitudes the waves and white foam on top! Today at EKVG this was a great help to see where the wind is coming from, as in addition to my instruments of course. And this visuals do enhance the immersion a lot! It was1 Celsius outside, wind sounds, turbulent sounds...shaky plane.....I really "felt the rough weather"!
  • Scenery. All the buildings, trees (I am using an Addon which I can´t talk about now), vehicles ships....the whole "true" coverage. So many filled places! Fly in at LECO (Spain) or Cairo! KLAX......in VR I get 30FPS steady and have pretty much cranked up everything quite heavy. Super smooth!
  • Dynamic lights for everything! THIS is also very immersive. Approaching and flying above a football stadium. WOW. Just super nice to see whats down there.
  • ALL the standard airports are fitting and blending very well with the terrain as well! You remember P3D, those "obvious" spots....not blending well. It´s gone with MSFS!
  • PBR materials at everything! Do I need to say more what this means for reflections at those materials.....? 😉
  • And something what also was very noticeable: SNOW Coverage. It´s now pretty accurate. I stay a lot in Munich these days, live in Frankfurt, visiting Innsbruck, white a bit....and in the sim this matches quite well! Not only the coverage is done well, also the way HOW this is done. Looking at mountains and snow.....just stunning. No quadrants anymore!
  • And...and...and...

I could really name so much more which I did not see before! Just forcing myself to "take the plunge" and use it the way it is......and I was very impressed.

As I said, I would like to keep this thread positive. It was just meant to share my positive experiences with those who are not convinced for the time being. Take the plunge and use it. So much OUT OF THE BOX is working (Yes...so much has to be done also)......

Happy weekend and happy flying to all of you.

Marcus      

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 27
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

The best write-up of our GOTY!

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

19 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

Ai traffic doesn't take off

At my end it does take off.....AIGAIM....Offline AI.....not perfect yet....but so much better then no traffic or MSFS standard traffic. 

As I said....a lot can be done better....but we have already much more......

😉

Marcus

• Like 4

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

All of the above Marcus plus don't forget the Fauna , great post BTW .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, johnbow72 said:

All of the above Marcus plus don't forget the Fauna , great post BTW .

Good point! Yes.....only not noticeable at FL360....;-) 

But indeed a nice thing. 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I own all the major sims and really enjoyed reading this positive post.

In addition to the above I really like the built in flight planner, the fact that you can  have orthoimagery (of varying quality) everywhere, the great quality of the default planes especially with free mods, and (important) the fact that I can fly over orthoimagery at high altitude above 250 knots without giant blue textureless triangles appearing on the horizon as I fly. 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

Ai traffic doesn't take off

AIG offline works fine..(well better than default)  if you use live traffic or AIG + Live traffic  then there is this mod from AIG for you...  https://flightsim.to/file/24014/live-online-ai-traffic-workaround

Should solve the takeoff issue 🙂

Graham

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

53 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

AIG offline works fine..(well better than default)  if you use live traffic or AIG + Live traffic  then there is this mod from AIG for you...  https://flightsim.to/file/24014/live-online-ai-traffic-workaround

Should solve the takeoff issue 🙂

Graham

thanks but im using PSX_MSFS, and all the plane take off.

the workaround is not bad but... i prefer normal procedures on ai planes 🙂

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mpo910 said:

my kind of flying is usually VR

Welcome and great post.

And if you want to try out a spectacular journey in VR, check out the Bordeaux to Mont Blanc bush trip...

• Like 2

I've had mostly amazing MSFS flights and whatever you think now it will  only get better and better.

bs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I was about to post the same thing. I purchased MSFS when it 1st came out. Tried it a few times and set it aside. Right after SU6, I did what you did. Fired it up and tried a few flights in the FBW. Well, MSFS is finally starting to feel like FSX & P3D did. A sim that I can rely on for a great flight. 

I did a 515 AM  departure out of BWI to JFK. it's a little over an hour flight so dawn was breaking about 10 minutes before I landed. Seeing NYC with all of the buildings lit on the sides that faced the sun in a soft pink/orange glow was breathtaking. I hit active pause and took a few minutes to enjoy the view. All I could think of was that this was the base sim with no add-ons. The icing on the cake was a stutter free landing on 13L and taxi to the gate. I have no chance of getting that experience in P3D.

I guess I've been lucky as none of the updates ever gave me any problems with downloading or installation. 

I don't resent the early release, either. The only way MS & Asobo could test the new scenery was to push it out and see what happened. They made changes on a grand scale and fleshing out the problems can only be done with all of us pounding on their infrastructure. I truly believe that there will be a day relatively soon when Asobo can stop focusing on all of the big changes that they made and start focusing on all of the little things that seem to upset some of the users on here. 

The #1 thing I line is the complete lack of color banding. I have never seen such beautiful sky colors before. P3D and all of the sims before it had horrible looking color bands. Now, the colors smoothly blend into each other. I really hated that. It was one of my biggest "nits" with all of the prior sims and probably one of the biggest plusses of MSFS for me. 

I really can't wait to see the NGx sitting at the gate at night with silver, reflective wing leading edges. No more black wings. 

The lighting and reflections are just dazzling in HDR.  

I fired up P3D the other day to take a flight and once it loaded I sat there thinking to myself that this used to be good enough but now its not. As soon as the Fenix a320 or PMDG 737 hits MSFS, I suspect that I will be deleting both FSX and P3D from my system.

• Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Simming is one thing but to do it on a fairly accurate representation of the planet with weather boggles the mind.

☘️

bs

• Like 1

"He slept, he stole, he was rude to the customers. Still, there goes the best employee a convenience store ever had."

3 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

I've had mostly amazing MSFS flights and whatever you think now it will  only get better and better.

bs

I really like the enthusiasm in your contribs and share it. There may be a few niggles after SU7, notably under VR, but overall I find VFR flying in diverse places as Southern Africa, the Middle East, New Zealand, the Bahamas - except NZ all places where I've never been in RL - just an overwhelming experience. 

Right now back from a flight around the new AUScene Lord Howe Island in the C152.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 4

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11