Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

how do you change elevator sensitivity in the aircraft.cfg file?

i noticed that the defualt baron and the default trike ultralight tend to pop off the runway compared with the payware stuff i have. what setting do i changed in the aircraft.cfg file to tone that down?? ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

>i noticed that the defualt baron and the default trike>ultralight tend to pop off the runway compared with the>payware stuff i have. what setting do i changed in the>aircraft.cfg file to tone that down?? >>>ciao!>Brian SI'm not positive but I think it's the 'elevator_effectiveness=1' and 'elevator_trim_effectiveness=1' parameters in the 'aircraft.cfg file'. Try smaller values like '.5'.

The first thing to try is to change the sensitivity settings of your joystick within FSX. The sensitivity of joystick control axes are independently variable.The other option is to change the calibration of your joystick or yoke. FSUIPC has a section in its manual devoted to calibration. One interesting wrinkle suggested is to place the following line in [CONTROLS] section of your FSX.cfg file:STICK_SENSITIVITY_MODE=0 This prevents FSX affecting control inputs from your joystick and would be followed by re-calibration within FSUIPC to reduce elevator sensitivity. I found this worked for some planes but so far I have been unable to find a setting that works well in all circumstances.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest cwright

The elevator-effectiveness setting mentioned above works well. A big advantage is that you can adjust the effectiveness for individual aircraft.Best regards, Chris