Sign in to follow this  
Mace

The ACES P-51 Mustang

Who else is looking forward to this aicraft? I can hardly wait for it. I'm sure it will be the best P-51 on the market. ACES has a certain skill in creating engines sounds that I have not seen with other devs, which seem to sound meaner and more powerful, so it will be intersting to see how the ACES Merlin sound set comes out. The De Havilland Comet for example has some of the coolest engines sounds I have heard. I just think its awesome they are doing a warbird, and I'm excited to see it. Though I'm sure its unlikely, it would be even cooler if there is a 3000hp Reno Racer version too! lol

Guest WWFII

Have you tried the Shockwave P51? Mind-blowing!

>I assume you've read this blog entry?>>http://blogs.technet.com/p-12c_pilot/archi...ns-in-reno.aspx>>ThomasOMG that's AWESOME!!! I had not seen this. Thank you! Wow I'm even more stoked for this now! So I wonder if the P-51 will strickly be a Reno version or if there will be a stock version as well? ADI and superchargers will be a welcome addition. The Shockwave P-51 is pretty sweet, and the best mustang out there, expecially the VC, but I hope the ACES P-51 blows it away. lol

>Great! That's the one thing that wasn't modeled in the>Shockwave P-51D, the super charger (FS limitation), it's good>to hear FS may actually model it now! Well I am sure you know, in all accuracy FS has had a basic supercharger effect in the flight model for a while now. But it has been pretty limited in functionality true enough.Hopefully with Adrenaline the supercharger modelling will be better! It would really change things for propliners like the DC-6 with two-stage superchargers and for the WW2 birds.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Coneman

I'm waiting for the patch to see if it's actually flyable. If it is I'll start getting excited about the add-on Mustang. ;-)

>Well I am sure you know, in all accuracy FS has had a basic>supercharger effect in the flight model for a while now. But>it has been pretty limited in functionality true enough.I thought they only modeled turbos?

>>Well I am sure you know, in all accuracy FS has had a basic>>supercharger effect in the flight model for a while now. >But>>it has been pretty limited in functionality true enough.>>I thought they only modeled turbos?There appears to be at least the capability to model a crude supercharger effect. I say that because of what I have seen with the DC-6 models.I am not sure if this has any effect on flight...but I do notice it affecting the MAP gauge on a DC-6 when I switch between blower low and blower high. At that point it gives me a little more headroom for leaning the mixture for flying even higher. But like I said, I am not sure it is really doing very much in the sim...other than allowing more leaning.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB