Sign in to follow this  
acmem

DX10

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

The Nvidia mid-range and low end models are out. 8600 and 8500 in various flavors (and 8300 in OEM low end).ATI will have DX10 stuff out in mid May.

Guest Adrian Wainer

Nothing "outlandish" about that claim on the contrary it is entirely logical the only rider I would put on it, is that whilst the tools are available to model such a simulation, it would take near infinity to write the codeing based on current methods. Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

Guest Adrian Wainer

Mike wroteQuoteThe Nvidia 8800 is an exception to the rule. There is a grand total of ONE card right now available to take advantage of the software to run it, but there are scores of video card manufacturers without the hardware sitting around waiting for DX10 games. Even ATI does not have a DX10 compatible card on the market. At the end of the day, pick any 10 video card mfgs and only 1 of them have a DX10 card available.UnQuote I thought there are really only two main players ie ATI and Nvidia and there are lots of other companies producing variations on the reference ATI and Nvidia cards?Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

Guest Adrian Wainer

QuoteSorry, 100% modeling of the weather ain't going to happen even with infinite hardware. The current models are chewing up teraflops and they contradict each other all the time. Just look at hurricane tracks...UnquoteOne would have to ask the question in respect of whether modeling with Hurricanes has problems because the models are not sophiscated enough [ I believe they are not ] and if they were more sophiscated could they be accurately predactive of tracking or it is the case that even if such modeling was sophiscated to the ultimate that one would still not get accurate track prediction for the reason that Hurricanes are? so dynamically unstable systems so that accurate recording of a current state can not provide the basis of an accurate model of the future track of the Hurricane. Those are real world issues, for a flight simulator programme one would not need accurate predactive modeling of a real world hurricane, one would need only near "possability" accurate [ in terms of how the Hurricane could develop ]. What I find alarming, is that whilst modern science can not predict the course of a relatively simple discrete item ie a Hurricane, people who claim to be scientists are telling us there is proof man-made Carbon Dioxide emmissions are warming the planet, so they can't predict the weather for a couple of months ahead or even the track of a Hurricane but they know that Carbon Dioxide is warming the planet, Go figure!Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

Guest LensHanger

Nothing "outlandish" about that claim on the contrary it is entirely logical the only rider I would put on it, is that whilst the tools are available to model such a simulation, it would take near infinity to write the codeing based on current methods. >>Best and Warm Regards>Adrian Wainer Exactly! there maybe the required tools to do the job but how long would it take to gather the information just to model 100% of all the grass or raindrops in my back yard? By the time you finished the grass will have grown and the models no longer valid.The claim that "Right now, it is possible to develop a flight simulator that is 100% photorealistic, 100% based on complex fluid-dynamic computations, 100% modeling of every airport, house, cabin, blade of grass and man, woman, and child on this earth, every bolt, circuit breaker, raindrop and dust storm. " is just wishful thinking.It would require infinite amounts of information or as near infinite as makes no difference.Len

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

>What I find alarming, is that>whilst modern science can not predict the course of a>relatively simple discrete item ie a Hurricane, people who>claim to be scientists are telling us there is proof man-made>Carbon Dioxide emmissions are warming the planet, so they>can't predict the weather for a couple of months ahead or even>the track of a Hurricane but they know that Carbon Dioxide is>warming the planet, Go figure!>>Best and Warm Regards>Adrian Wainer I couldn't agree with you more. The planet (and the sun) will do what they want to do. We're pretty arrogant if we think we can influence it. If that ball of fire 93,000,000 miles away decides to burp, our efforts to combat it would be like a flea fending off blowtorch.Also, I agree with you about the models...you would need infinite hardware and a perfect model. I don't think either of those two things will ever exist.To get back on topic (kind of)...can't wait for the DX10 patch.

Funny, although I agree it would be daunting next to impossible with today

Found this link to something that would great in FSX or maby FSXI:www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/guide/ex_atmos.html