Sign in to follow this  
737_800

GAYA VIENNA Scenery or something else in development?

I am considering buying Gayas Vienna airport even thought it's despite the sale quite expensive when you add the taxes. Is there something else arriving for Vienna? Whats about Flytampa will the relauch their versoin for MSFS? How do you like Gayas version?

I think I read somewhere that Vienna is not a priority for FlyTampa.  I read or saw a video that Corfu, Boston, and Amsterdam are next but this was before Athens was released so quite some time ago. Developers are being quiet about what they are working on these days. I don't blame them.  

I have the Gaya Vienna version. It is better than the FlyTampa version for FSX/P3D.  It's really up to you.  If it doesn't look right to you don't buy it. After all it is real money spent on a digital representation of airport in a game where you pretend to pilot a fake plane.  All the good sceneries are around 15-20 euro which is nice because in FSX/P3D most were closer to 30 dollars (24-26 EUR).  I just bought 10 sceneries yesterday for the price of 3 or 4 back in the day.  I'm loving how cheap these addons are. 

I have Gaya Vienna and like it. But I'm not too particular as long as it is better than default. It's on sale in the Marketplace as you know. Does the sale end this weekend, I'm not sure when it ends. I loaded up on German, French, Swiss, Austrian on sale now Marketplace airports

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

31 minutes ago, aniiran said:

I think I read somewhere that Vienna is not a priority for FlyTampa.  I read or saw a video that Corfu, Boston, and Amsterdam are next but this was before Athens was released so quite some time ago. Developers are being quiet about what they are working on these days. I don't blame them.  

I have the Gaya Vienna version. It is better than the FlyTampa version for FSX/P3D.  It's really up to you.  If it doesn't look right to you don't buy it. After all it is real money spent on a digital representation of airport in a game where you pretend to pilot a fake plane.  All the good sceneries are around 15-20 euro which is nice because in FSX/P3D most were closer to 30 dollars (24-26 EUR).  I just bought 10 sceneries yesterday for the price of 3 or 4 back in the day.  I'm loving how cheap these addons are. 

Yeah, it's true. I don't have P3D I used to fly with FSX and prices where okayish there. However, I spend hunderts of dollars back then for scenery and fsx stuff. This time I want to it right and try find a strategy how to approach, like: What do I really need? Which airports would be sufficiend as freeware which "has to be" payware?

However, Vienna is pretty important for european operations, so I guess I would use it quite often. SInce it's pretty much stuffed on Vatsim.

Which airports did you grap?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Yeah, it's true. I don't have P3D I used to fly with FSX and prices where okayish there. However, I spend hunderts of dollars back then for scenery and fsx stuff. This time I want to it right and try find a strategy how to approach, like: What do I really need? Which airports would be sufficiend as freeware which "has to be" payware?

However, Vienna is pretty important for european operations, so I guess I would use it quite often. SInce it's pretty much stuffed on Vatsim.

Which airports did you grap?

I feel you, I'm probably in at about 400-500 dollars at this point.  But the black Friday sales are too good to pass up. 

I got FSDT Charlotte, ORBX Key West. LVFR Miami, LVFR New Orleans, LVFR Madrid Barajas, Jetstream Linate, Jetstream Orly, Drwezecki Reagan National, Development Bros Osaka Itami. SAMSCENE Fukuoka WOW.   I like to focus on areas with hubs that have 1-1.5 hr flights.

The only Gaya Scenery I had in P3D was LGKO and I didn't like it at all. Visuals were good but I had very very low FPS in this scenery (like 15 or so, while in most other sceneries I've reached 25-35 FPS).

Speaking about visual appearance, the runway was missing quite a lot of markings. Basically all touchdown zone markings were missing (the thin markings every 500ft down a runway left and right of the centerline).

Only the threshold marking, the runway number and the aiming point marking were present.

I've reported this issue to Gaya on their Facebook page. I'm no scenery developer, but I think this could be corrected with just 30 minutes of work, but Gaya doesn't care.

And yes, I've looked for product updates and kept this scenery up-to-date but low FPS and wrong runway markings remained.

Devs take notes: This is the reason why I don't even consider buying anything from Gaya, even if LOWW is one of my home airports.

I'd rather wait another year for FlyTampas version, which I've been using since FS2004 and I was always very very excited to fly into this nicely done airport.

The only downside of FlyTampas rendition was the southern side of the Pier North (F01 thru F37): Fly Tampa didn't nail them a 100% correct.

As you can see on google maps, F01, F05, F13, F23 and F33 have a continuous line, since those stands are for heavies.

The gates left and right of them (e.g. F03 left of F05 and F09 right of F05) have got a dashed line and those are designed for max 36m wingspan aircraft in real life.

Fly Tampa didn't quite understand this and mixed heavy gates and single aisle gates, which can be an issue when flying online or when you're an ATC in vienna and you need to place aircraft in a space saving manner close together.

Gaya published a new update for LOWW. Can anyone tell anything about it? How is the performance? I am considering buying this since there is no word by Flytampa so far.

They say nothing about performance:

Changelog 1.2 :

• Added new buildings making the airport exactly as it’s today.
  • Add specular reflections for ground textures.
  • Added custom orange and blue taxi-lines in the appropriate places.
  • Added interior for the North Pier.
  • Jetways wheels now turn when operated.
  • VDGS now shows correctly when the sim is loading.
  • The control tower now has new textures for day and night.
  • Fixed a number of miscellaneous bugs based on user feedback.

• Like 1

Actually you don´t have an alternative right now for LOWW - and the price (€17,40) is fair for what you get.

There is also a freeware mod to remove the static aircraft, works fine also.

Remove Static Aircraft LOWW

Greets,

Markus

• Like 1

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

1 hour ago, MäxliBäxli said:

Actually you don´t have an alternative right now for LOWW - and the price (€17,40) is fair for what you get.

Greets,

Markus

Where do you get it for 17,14 Euros? The shops I found added local taxes. So I would have to pay more than 20 Euros. It's a shame that flytampa is so quite, don't they realize losing customers that way?

How is Gaya acting performance wise? Their handcrafted LSZH is horribly optimized, if it's the same with LOWW I would prefer waiting.

Edited by 737_800
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 737_800 said:

How is Gaya acting performance wise? Their handcrafted LSZH is horribly optimized, if it's the same with LOWW I would prefer waiting.

Let's say it isn't the best performer out there .... normally having 45-50 frames (4K) in third party sceneries, here I am having below 38 most of the times (3090 / 5950x). But it's looking decent.

Edited by teletom

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

3 hours ago, 737_800 said:

Where do you get it for 17,14 Euros? The shops I found added local taxes. So I would have to pay more than 20 Euros. It's a shame that flytampa is so quite, don't they realize losing customers that way?

Yeah sorry, forgot the taxes...

Of course the performance could be better, but after not having an real alternative right now i can live with that.

Greets,
Markus

7 hours ago, 737_800 said:

The only Gaya airport I had back in P3D V4.5 was LGKO Kos and this was by far the airport with the worst performance and lowest FPS and I had way bigger addon airports with a lot of online traffic which still performed times better than LGKO.

Sad to hear Gaya's airports are still unflyable if you don't have a high end system. 😥

4 hours ago, MäxliBäxli said:

Yeah sorry, forgot the taxes...

Of course the performance could be better, but after not having an real alternative right now i can live with that.

Greets,
Markus

Better to save some money and wait another year for FlyTampas LOWW to fly to Vienna with stable 30FPS than stuttering in and out of Gaya's version at 20 FPS.

Always remember Niki Laudas words: Ich hab ja nix zu verschenken 😄

Edited by Konterhalbe

4 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

The only Gaya airport I had back in P3D V4.5 was LGKO Kos and this was by far the airport with the worst performance and lowest FPS and I had way bigger addon airports with a lot of online traffic which still performed times better than LGKO.

Sad to hear Gaya's airports are still unflyable if you don't have a high end system. 😥

Better to save some money and wait another year for FlyTampas LOWW to fly to Vienna with stable 30FPS than stuttering in and out of Gaya's version at 20 FPS.

Always remember Niki Laudas words: Ich hab ja nix zu verschenken 😄

My System could do it I guess, but if it's bad developed like LSZH it's still frustrating on high end rig. Especially when I am panning around in LSZH it's horrible on fraps. LSZH could actually have had been a good marketing hole for Gaya, but after what I have seen it speak rather against them. Though their LIRQ Scenery looks lovely, but not interessting for me since I baraly fly there.

Anyway, sale is gone. I did not buy it. Maybe I really have to wait another year. Is VATSIM Austria or someone in that community working on a freeware version?

12 hours ago, MäxliBäxli said:

Greets,

Markus

Wow and the devs at orbx say they can’t be removed. So much bs. Finally loww becomes functional. Stupid devs and their statics

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton

14 hours ago, DaWu said:

Wow and the devs at orbx say they can’t be removed. So much bs. Finally loww becomes functional. Stupid devs and their statics

The mod to remove the statics is brilliant (thanks to the freeware producer!), also found it last week, so LOWW is looking good so far.

Greets,
Markus

• Like 1