Sign in to follow this  
Gaiiden

Share your experiences flying w/ a friend. Mine are hit/miss

My friend and I have been flying together since the sim debuted, at least once every week or two. It seems to have gotten harder and harder to do so. Last year I could see him and his plane livery no problem. Then I couldn’t see his livery any longer, then we started having trouble seeing each other, and lately it is completely hit or miss. Just today we flew as a group with All Players and saw each other fine during the flight but then after about 20min I would disappear for him then he would disappear for me but the whole time one of us could still see each other. We landed and switched to Group Only and from that point on I couldn’t see him at all but he could always see me. Sometimes switching aircraft seems to make a difference, but not this time. Restarting the game I still couldn’t see him so we went back to All Players and at first it didn’t work but then I could see him after we took off. The drop-down to show Local Players was greyed out the whole time so it wasn’t like we were bumping over the local MP limit and we are both locked to the East server.

So this has been going on for a while and I had hoped the improvements from Reno would also help out the base game MP but doesn’t look like it.

What has been your experience flying with others and have you found anything that works consistently? I’m not talking about general group flying but flying with specific people who you notice are there or not

Was reviewing video of the flight and here is a perfect example. My buddy is right there, then he’s gone, but he can still see me. This is the start of when we’d see each other one at a time while flying All Players. Should also note we could always see each other on the World Map fine from the main menu

• Like 1

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

Make sure 'cloaking' is off in Superpowers option.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

37 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

What has been your experience flying with others and have you found anything that works consistently?

We fly several times a week, and experience what you are experiencing.. no cure that we know of.. 😉

Bert

28 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

We fly several times a week, and experience what you are experiencing.. no cure that we know of.. 😉

I can confirm Bert....for no apparent reason...my friend's Bonanza is 30 feet off my wingtip, bobbing lazily with the air current, looking amazing...then he's gone...no network issue messages on either side, server ping is fine....just gone.  He can still see me just fine.  Then a few mins later, the exact opposite...he'll be admiring my Mooney, then I just disappear.  Not sure when it started happening but we've been flying together since the release of MSFS....now it seems to be completely sporadic.  Major bummer to say the least.

We've tried flying in a group, then setting it to see all players....both with the same result.

Hope it gets resolved.

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Okay I saw the tweet from MSFS Support earlier today and hopped on with my friend. We had to use custom weather to add snow so we couldn't group up, and choosing All Players we couldn't see each other initially. So I went back to the main menu and tried again, still nothing, then he went back and loaded in again and after that we could see each other! But then while we were both in Orbx Edgely Opticas for some reason his was acting all weird and not flying well while mine was performing okay. So he quit the game, came back in an Icon A7 and I couldn't see him anymore, but he could see me. So we flew for over an hour with him following me and at no point did I ever see him, but at one point late in the flight he saw me disappear and then reappear a few minutes later. So that still can happen I'm afraid. Tried to exit back to menu and re-load back into flight after landing but still couldn't see him, although he could still see me 😞 And yes we are both locked to the same server, and I can see his position on the World Map every time I exited back to the main menu. I turned on traffic labels and every time I did over the course of the 2hrs we spent in the sim together (we only spent about 3/4 that actually flying after all the troubleshooting) I always saw the user Longwanker (😛) off in the distance, but never my friend. Go figure. Also the sky was not crowded, we were over Yellowstone, so hitting the player limit couldn't have been a thing

We will try again next time with Cubs, as we generally have good success with those. But a shame they may have made it better to not see people disappear but we can't even see each other to begin with!! 😕

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports