Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The Four (4) Seasons purchase....

Picked up the 4 Seasons after reading such great reviews...in fact, not one bad one....and I can say that if you want to really ramp up real world 'immersion' this is a must buy!  NO..FPS loss,  none!

Here is the site to buy it from and for me, it was the best $40.00 (CDN) conversion from Euros.  Totally worth every dollar, even if you are a poor Cannuck that get jazzed at 38 % upcharge.  

Below this link are some pictures with the Fall North/Spring South folder installed in my Community Folder.  

READ the about and INSTALL doc before you do anything else, to avoid not seeing any changes as in putting more than one of the four folders into your Comm folder at the same time. Only ONE goes in...depending on the season you wish to see in the Northern and Southern Hemisphere of the Earth.

A most recommended buy, no matter that it is not on sale this weekend.  So worth it...wow!

Bob, we both might not be into airports as we used to...but THIS Bob8 is right up both our alleys....in-between airport virtual reality.  This more than just color of leaves...new trees...cactus in the desert...well, just view the YouTube and you'll see what this holds.  Just wonderful...a great MSFS purchase, Bob8!

https://secure.simmarket.com/bijan-habashi-4-season-pack_free-lod-for-msfs.phtml

Here's just a few to whet your appetite for real world....Mackinaw Island, Michigan, U.S.A. in the Fall...one of the most beautiful times of year to visit!

Screenshot-293.png

Screenshot-294.png

Screenshot-295.png

Screenshot-296.png

Screenshot-297.png

Screenshot-298.png

Screenshot-299.png

Screenshot-300.png

Screenshot-301.png

Screenshot-302.png

Screenshot-303.png

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Really enjoy Bijan's work and he's extremely responsive on Discord. I'm however not a massive fan of the terrain mask he did. Every single flight I've done it seems to not render correctly around a lot of airports, a lot of minor stitching issues etc. luckily it's optional.

The trees and the colours are excellent though, adds a lot to the scene. 

• Like 6

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Big fan here as well, added another level to the sim for sure. Looks amazing ! yea theres some masking issues here and there but overall the best addon Ive got hands down. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

10 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Really enjoy Bijan's work and he's extremely responsive on Discord. I'm however not a massive fan of the terrain mask he did. Every single flight I've done it seems to not render correctly around a lot of airports, a lot of minor stitching issues etc. luckily it's optional.

The trees and the colours are excellent though, adds a lot to the scene. 

I agree.  I am having problems with the masks popping up as I fly.  They are a nice colour, and I like the way they change the green cast on the roads as well etc. but it is quite distracting to see them suddenly appear and cover the landscape in the middle distance. 
Reading another thread, he says he is not seeing this effect himself.  So, as it also affects the default VFR map and screen displays, I have turned it off for now.

The trees are certainly great though, and he does say the masks are experimental, so I won't knock the guy for trying.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

35 minutes ago, Sethos said:

I'm however not a massive fan of the terrain mask he did. Every single flight I've done it seems to not render correctly around a lot of airports, a lot of minor stitching issues etc. luckily it's optional.

Indeed. Flew into Heathrow the other day from the east and the whole of London, including Heathrow, looked like it was blanketed in brown mud. Disabled it now and, imo, things look a lot better. 

Well worth the price for sure.  As others have said, the mask has some issues (which Bijan has stated and that he's still working things out).  I keep the mask on even though the Garmins don't like it.  I am loving the fall colors and soon it will be winter so will be time to swap over to winter textures.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wiler said:

Big fan here as well, added another level to the sim for sure. Looks amazing ! yea there's some masking issues here and there but overall the best addon Ive got hands down. 

Yep...hand's down, as you say...adds nitro to the world now...to see all the different trees, no longer canned default, and the colors in the Fall, are amazing.  This is SO WORTH the cost of 26.99 Euros and whatever your country dollar exchange rate. 

This has so much hyped up my in-between airport experience!   Glad that I bought this morning!

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I agree.  I am having problems with the masks popping up as I fly.  They are a nice colour, and I like the way they change the green cast on the roads as well etc. but it is quite distracting to see them suddenly appear and cover the landscape in the middle distance. 
Reading another thread, he says he is not seeing this effect himself.  So, as it also affects the default VFR map and screen displays, I have turned it off for now.

The trees are certainly great though, and he does say the masks are experimental, so I won't knock the guy for trying.

I haven't seen this to date LOL, because I did not have them installed, lol.   I thought they were in the Seasons Folders.  So...will install for Fall and Winter and see what they do....

Edited by Sesquashtoo

17 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

NO..FPS loss,  none

But there is a VRAM hit--about .5gb for me.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Big fan of Bijan , plus he updates the product all the time .

6 hours ago, jpe828 said:

I was bummed I missed the black friday sale. 

Nooooooo!  And it was only £0.0000000001 per tree on Black Friday as well!   :biggrin:

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

Nooooooo!  And it was only £0.0000000001 per tree on Black Friday as well!   :biggrin:

hmmm...

1012 trees at 10-10 pound each make your basic oak at 100 pounds a pop  😄

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

13 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

hmmm...

1012 trees at 10-10 pound each make your basic oak at 100 pounds a pop  😄

Well 'word not allowed!'  If there was one person that was going to put me right, I knew it would be you! :laugh:  Here, have some extra zero's...  00000000000  (that's after the dot of course!) :smile:

• Like 1