Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

Tiny , tiny ATC window...

Guest flyinfriend

Hi All,I was trying out a different display driver for my Nvidia card (7600GS) last night. I ended up removing it and putting back the latest Nvidia driver. Now when I open the ATC window it is really really tiny and pretty much unreadable. i can drag to be bigger but the text remains so tiny it can't be read. All other visuals in the FSX are normal and this happens regardless of what resolution I run it. I tried removing the current FSX.cfg and let it rebuild it but that made no difference. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thank you,Tom

Happened to me too, the kneeboard was real small also. I fixed it by backing up the FSX.cfg and deleting it and letting FS create a new one. Keep in mind if you do that to make sure you back up the config file to put back in any changes you made to it. I'm not sure if there is any settings in the FSX.cfg that could be edited to resolve the issue without deleting it so hopefully someone will post a more efficient solution.Ian.

Guest jshyluk

Good grief, just yesterday, I was contemplating updating my older drivers for the very same video card -- I am kind of glad that too much hockey on TV helped me overcome the level of ambition needed to mess with my computer. Please let us know what happens with your drivers. I would be interested in knowing which drivers you were using, both the old and new ones. My older drivers are working okay, but I do get some artefacts in the shadows, and the textures at night sometimes look greenish and/or just strange. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

...and I just realized you already tried my suggestion. That's what I get for posting early in the morning. Then it might be a driver issue, though for me deleting the FSX config worked.Ian.

Guest flyinfriend

Hi,I resolved this by looking at the new fsx.cfg it had created. In it I found two references to my video card. One had an extension with something like 'ngo.1'. I removed it and all seems well again. I was using some third party tweaked NGO driver that was supposed to be based on a leaked yet to be released Nvidia driver. That'll teach me! :-)Thanks for the replies,Tom

I wish there was a way to permanently resize the ATC window. I opens up to big for me.

About resizing, I just resized my ATC window when I first installed FSX and saved the flight and it seems to rememebr the ATC window position and size. It may be that this is because I always go back to Windows mode before I save. Two monitor operation has shown that more window positions are saved from Windows mode.The only thing that I would like to do is to reduce the font size of the ATC window title which is too big and very nearly superflous.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.